Browse Article by Topicscreate web form create online form create form
Related Forum Questions
- How to embed your form in PrestaShop?
- I am trying to import date to create forms from excel, I keep getting this error.
- Quick select/copy paste way...
- Can I create forms that will send notifications in the ADF auto industry standard?
- Exceeded View limit. What does this mean?
- Getting "File Not Found" when creating a form from a template
- I cannot get the Create Form to work. When I name the form, it just sits there. Is there a problem with Jotforms today?
- Unable to create form. Clicking in the "Continue" button does not do anything.
- How do I avoid uploading data to your servers?
- Can I create form to download submission PDF and add PayPal payment too?
How to create your first web formLast Update: May 24, 2016
You'll learn how to create a simple web form, set up notifications, embed a form to a website, test the form to see if it's 100% working, and see responses both in your email and JotForm inbox. Learn it all in 2 minutes with the video below.
About the text in your form:
1. Decide what to ask first
First of all, think about what kind of questions you want to ask to our visitors. The best web forms maintain higher conversion rates by keeping it short & simple. Many users will simply abandon a form if it has too many questions. So keep your web forms as short & clear as possible!
Put additional info in the sub-heading.
2. State the purpose in the heading
Although you know why you're creating this web form, a confused visitor might land on the web page without knowing what your form does. Put a short heading such as "Contact Us" to your form.
3. Use predefined quick tools for common fields (name, email, address etc.)
Next, ask the visitor for his or her name & email address. Simply click on the "Quick Tools" menu and add the name & email fields.
4. Use a text area for long answers (comments, description etc.)
A large comment box allows visitors to provide longer responses. Click on "Text Area" on the left "Form Tools" menu to add a new text area.
5. Setting up email notifications
With our email notifications, you’ll receive an alert in your inbox every time someone completes your form. Use the top toolbar to setup a new email notification. Click the "Emails" button in the top toolbar:
In the next page, you have three tabs namely; Email, Recipients, Advanced
Integrating your form in a web site is crucial for collecting data continuously.
Click on "Publish" button on the top toolbar.
Copy & paste this code into your website, usually within the body tags, and your form will be integrated the moment you save the changes in your editor.
7. Test your web form & see it working
Test your form on your live web site to see that you're getting notifications to your email and your JotForm inbox. If anything doesn't come through, come back and check your steps correctly.
Congratulations on setting up your first web form! Return to this article anytime if you get lost. Tell us about your experience in creating your first web form in the comments section below!