The Event Summary Report is designed to provide the information required by the state about DCMGA’s activities. This includes meetings for committees and projects. Once the report is submitted it goes directly to the Extension office to be included in a monthly report to the state. Back-dated reports are not included in the monthly reports that go to the state. Monthly Event Summary Reports are also captured in a spreadsheet used by the Director of Education and VP-Projects for reporting of our activities to the Board of Directors.
Key items to be aware of:
1) Timely reporting is important. Complete this form in the month of the activity or event.
2) Complete the form for these events and activities when 5 or more people participate:
- All DCMGA administrative activities or events (e.g., Celebrations, Hospitality, Monthly Meeting-Business, Project Review, Resource Room, Scholarship, Sunshine Gardeners, Technology)
- DCMGA approved project activities or events (e.g., project workdays, Garden Tour, Veggie Show, Help Desk SPLASH)
- DCMGA hosted educational activities or events, for both Master Gardener only participants and/or community participants (e.g., Speakers' Bureau, monthly General Meeting-Program, CE during project activities)
- DCMGA hosted Master Gardener only activities or events (e.g., Plant Swap, Member Only Plant Sale, Field Trips) that are eligible for Volunteer Service or Continuing Education
- Some activities or events may include a combination of Master Gardener Volunteer Service, Master Gardener Continuing Education, and/or community education
3) Be sure to indicate whether the event was in-person, virtual, or a hybrid of in-person and virtual.
4) Activities or events with community participation must include the method of promotion/advertising.