Nancy Warr-Bayonne graduated from the University of Georgia in 1989 with a bachelor's degree in journalism. She earned a MBA from the Executive MBA program at Kennesaw State University. She was very involved in community outreach, particularly through her sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. She enjoyed being involved in the process where students were given the opportunity to purse education by scholarship and financial subsidies.
• A current student at the University of Ga
• Currently enrolled as a matriculating student in the School of Journalism.
• Must demonstrate leadership potential and discernable good character
• Must have participation in community service.
To be considered for the Nancy Warr-Bayonne Scholarship of Upsilon Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, applicants must submit the following by October 31.
1. A completed application.
2. Personal statement. The applicant must show how the scholarship will help the student pursue their career ambition. Be sure to include community service activities in the statement.
3. Transcript (including prior semester). Must meet minimum (3.0) GPA requirements.
4. At least 1 letter or recommendation.
SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION PROCESS
• Completed applications that meet the above criteria completed by October 31.
• The scholarship recipient will be honored at a Reception the following Spring.