The Champions Volunteer Foundation represents a unique group of people coming together, donating their time to raise funds for charitable purposes, including but not limited to youth, recreational, educational, and wellness care programs. The primary source of funds for The Champions Volunteer Foundation is the BNP Paribas Open, the professional ATP & WTA tennis event held annually in Indian Wells, CA.
The Foundation provides over 1,200 volunteers who are key to the successful daily operations of the tournament, which is the largest attended tennis event in the world excluding the four Grand Slams. Held at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, the world’s second-largest stadium, the BNP Paribas Open brings together the top professional ATP and WTA players competing over a two-week period.
II. Procedure for Applying and Eligibility
A. Submitting a completed application form (following) and any supplemental materials to The Champions Volunteer Foundation by the due date noted above.
B. The applicant must be a non-profit entity organized under the Model Non-Profit Corporation Act and designated as an organization defined by the Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
To support this status, please supply the following:
1. A current copy of your new ruling or permanent IRS Determination Letter 501(c) or equivalent.
2. Most recent (2021 or 2022) fiscal year-end financial statement(s) (audited if available).
3. Program/project budget (2023 or 2024).
4. List of Board of Directors and their community affiliation (if applicable).
C. The applicant must be a community-based group, non-profit social agency, or an area service provider that provides services or programs to, but is not limited to, youth, recreational, educational, and wellness care programs. Documentation needed for this qualification should be in narrative form.
1. Briefly describe the history and expertise of your agency. Include what your agency does, the composition of your staff, and whom you have traditionally served and targeted.
2. What are the specific community needs or problems you are trying to solve through your services of programs specific to the grant request, e.g., what do you ultimately hope to accomplish?
3. Is there anything you would like to add about your organization or project?
D. The Champions Volunteer Foundation's decision as to whether or not to approve any request submitted is final and conclusive. Not approving a particular request does not preclude an eligible applicant from reapplying for the next calendar year.