How to apply for an elective rotation at Thai Travel Clinic,
Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Mahidol University
Each year we receive many requests from medical students/doctors/residents and research volunteer from all around the world for the opportunity to join us. Although we try to accommodate you all, we have some limitations. Only a limited number of requests will be successful.
The medical elective is meant to give additional clinical experiences in Travel Medicine and Tropical Medicine to the qualified applicants. The applicants will take part in travel clinic and hospital activities together with our travel medicine residents, such as OPD sessions, ward rounds, seminars, and conferences.
- Undergraduate applicants: 4th – 6th year medical student with clinical experience at the time of their elective period
- Postgraduate applicants: A resident, fellow and physician at the time of their elective period
- Applicants may send request and submit the documents for elective
- All documents submitted for the application must be issued in the Thai or English language.
- Required documents for applying.
- Medical Student/Doctor elective form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Immunization record form
- Letter of Recommendation/Endorsement from your school/ university/ college/ institution/ hospital
- Scanned copy of your Passport, or Thai National ID Card
- Cover letter which at least included all of these information:
- Your background and your expectation/objectives during elective period
- Stated whether this elective is part of formal curriculum or extra-curriculum
- Why are you interested in tropical/travel medicine?
- Why are you interested to do your elective with us?
3. Application Process Overview
- Submit a request with ALL documents indicated in section 2
- Our staff will inform you whether you are accepted into an elective program or not via your provided email
- The review process will take 3-4 weeks. So if you plan to apply for elective with us, please plan at least 2-3 months.
4. Tuition fee
- Undergraduate applicants – 3,500 THB per week
- Postgraduate applicants- 5,000 THB per week
- You will have to pay only if your request is accepted. You will pay by cash upon your arrival at the office of the Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine.
5. Further inquiries
- For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please send an email to email@example.com
- For email subject line, please write “Elective enquiry _ your full name”