Transportation for Field Trips and School Events
Instructions for parents or volunteers who use their personal cars or other vehicles to transport students on field trips or school events.
1. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Volunteers must verify that they possess a valid driver's license.
3. Volunteers must safely check their vehicles' tires, brakes, lights, horn, suspension, etc.
4. Volunteers must verify the adequacy of their liability insurance coverage. They are liable in case of an accident, injury or death resulting from use of their vehicle.
5. Carry only the number of passengers your vehicle was designed for. The number of occupants may not exceed the number of safety belts available. Pre-school and school age children must be restrained in the rear seat using proper restraints (car seat if applicable Front passengers should be as far back as possible from passenger airbags to avoid injury or death.
6. The number of occupants in a pickup or motor truck may not exceed more than can safely sit in the passenger compartment. Motor homes may not be used to transport students. Students are forbidden to ride in the cargo area of pickups or motor trucks, whether or not cargo areas are enclosed by camper shells or other protective covers.