In order to ensure a safe and conducive learning environment, we expect the following from each teen:
1. They should be respectful and cooperate with all catechists and aides in our formation program.
2. They should be respectful of each other, one another’s belongings and church property.
3. They should speak with respect. Disrespectful speech and/or foul language will not be permitted.
4. Physical and/or verbal abuse will not be tolerated in any form at any time.
5. Electronic device/cell phones should not be brought out in class. These devices could be confiscated. If that happens, they will be given back at the end of class.
6. They are expected to bring their materials (textbook/activity book) with them to class every week, unless otherwise notified by the catechist/aide. If a student loses a book, a replacement book will need to be purchased.
If the teen follows these simple and common guidelines, we will have no need to discipline further. However, if a situation arises – the catechist/aide will give two verbal warnings. If the poor behavior continues, the child will be sent to the Director of Family Faith Formation who will then speak with the parent(s). If the behavior continues after this point, the child, parents, and Director of Family Faith Formation will meet to discuss the situation at hand and how to best serve the childs faith formation needs.
As stated above, we desire to provide for our parents and children a safe and conducive learning environment in each classroom. We want your family's time in formation to be filled with positive and faith filled experiences. Please feel free to reach out to the Family Faith Formation team with any questions or concerns.