ABOUT "SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY" - Saturday, November 25, 2023 -
For the past six years, many of our locally owned businesses within the Historic Ormond Beach district have banded together to offer a local dining, shopping & networking experience at the heart of our city. This year's event carries even more meaning than ever before, as we: a) continue to champion a "Shop Local/Eat Local" culture, and b) thank the community for supporting our small businesses during difficult times. Growing in popularity and size every year, many participating businesses have also experienced strong sales and repeat customers as a result of this event.
- Offerings: Businesses must offer a special promotion of their choice that is unique to their business: free tastings, live music, flash sales, welcoming parties, themed activities, and kids crafts are just a few ideas. The holiday theme inspires a festive and welcoming atmosphere to introduce your business to prospective customers.
- Maps: Customers are given maps featuring participating businesses as they stroll along Granada Blvd between A1A and Orchard, and promotions will be listed on our event page.
- Promotion: Businesses who want to participate must help with the promotion of the Small Business Saturday by sharing the Facebook Event page with followers and announcing specials (with photos!) in the WEEKS prior to the event. Ormond Mainstreet will be spending advertising dollars promoting the event via newspaper, banners, posters, street signs, radio ads, and more.
- Materials: OMS also handles the coordination of businesses, distribution of supplies, maps and decorations, balloons, and other organizational requirements of this event. Please help us out by getting registered as soon as possible. We will distribute your maps and flyers prior to the event, and balloons to signify your participation on the day of the event.
- Scavenger Hunt: (limit 16 businesses). Give shoppers an extra reason to visit your business. Participating stores must agree to display the (to be announced) item that players will be looking for, and sign off on players' passports. All businesses must contribute a gift card, which will be presented to winners.
- Small Busines Saturday Participation Costs: FREE to Ormond Beach Mainstreet members. $20 for non-members. Registration Deadline - Wednesday, November 1, 2023.