The Tactical Carry 2 is an intermediate 2-day course on the fundamentals of everyday carry. In this intermediate carry course, students learn the essential skills for concealing and drawing a pistol under a variety of environmental and logistical considerations. Close-range shooting will focus on quickly defeating the cover garment for fast shots on target. Stand-off range shooting will focus on accuracy under time pressure. Subjects include concealed carry methods, draw-stroke techniques, hand position, defeat methodology, supporting equipment, and defensive mindset. A major objective is the ability to defeat any cover garment and then deliver quick and effective shots to stop a deadly force threat. Supporting objectives include movement, choosing cover garments, verbal commands, ammunition management, and strong hand only.
US Navy SEAL Jeff L. Gonzales is a nationally recognized weapons and tactics instructor. He is the founder and CEO of Trident Concepts, LLC, former director of training for The Range at Austin, and current podcast host for the BulletProof Workshop podcast. Jeff’s background comes from Naval Special Warfare; where he served as a decorated and respected operator and instructor. Participating in numerous combat operations throughout the globe, his duties involved a wide variety of operational and instructional assignments on both the East and West coasts.
Through Trident Concepts, Jeff pioneered new advances in weapons and tactics instruction. His unique understanding of adult learning, detailed curriculum development, and rigorous adherence to performance standards continue to set him apart from an increasingly crowded field.
Required Gear List:
- Carry Pistol, 9mm (red dot sight optional)
- 1,000 rounds of practice ammunition
- 25 rounds of defense ammunition
- 5 x pistol magazines minimum (8 for single stacks)
- 5x inert training rounds (we have 9mm on-hand, otherwise, bring your own)
- Training uniform required
- Polo or T-shirt
- Button-down shirt
- Jacket or coat
- Sweater or hoodie
- Handheld flashlight with pocket clip (we will work flashlight technique, but won't actually shoot at night)
- Clear/tinted ballistic wrap-around eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Cleaning kit and lubrication
- Notebook and pencil
- Open mind
Required Concealed Carry Gear:
- Sturdy belt
- Inside the waistband (IWB) holster
- Outside the waistband (OWB) holster
- Single and-or double magazine pouch
- Intermediate level of skill
- No beginner-level shooters
- This is NOT the class for an inexperienced shooter.
- Must be able to safely handle and manipulate your weapon.
- Must be able to draw from a holster, load, reload, and fix malfunctions
- All Shooters must be 18 years of age or older