Online Boards and Commissions Training Quiz
Board or committee for which you are completing this training
1. Which of the following is subject to the Colorado Open Meetings Law?
A) A regularly scheduled and posted meeting of the board
B) A phone conversation between two board members about another member’s birthday party
C) A teleconference meeting of a subcommittee
D) Both A and C
2. Under the Colorado Standards of Conduct, Code of Ethics Statute, CDHS board members are expected to refrain from which of the following when conducting board business?
A) Taking actions that serve their personal interests rather than public interests
B) Taking official actions as board members that have a direct financial benefit to them personally or to a program for which they work or serve
C) Discussing controversial issues
D) Both A and B
3. Under the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), board records are required to be available for inspection by members of the public upon request. These records include: meeting minutes, official documents such as reports, minutes of telephone conversations about board business, emails and text messages between board members regarding board business.
4. The term limit for all board and commission members is:
A) A partial term if applicable plus 1 full term
B) A partial term if applicable plus 2 full terms
C) A partial term if applicable plus 3 full terms
D) There are no term limits
5. Who is responsible for taking minutes, posting public notices of meetings, and maintaining records and appointments?
A) The board secretary
B) The board chairperson
C) The CDHS staff assigned to the board
D) The person the board selects
6. In which branch of government is your board placed?
D) None of the above
7. Your board’s enabling authority documents (which may be state or federal statutes, executive orders by the Governor, and/or executive directives by the CDHS executive director) outline which of the following?
A) Your board’s duties and responsibilities
B) Reasoning for establishing the board
C) The appointing authority for board members
D) All of the above
8. All formal communications from your board must include which of the following components?
A) The issue voted on, signature of chair and/or vice chair
B) The issue voted on, vote count, signatures of all members
C) The issue voted on, vote count, signature of chair and/or vice chair
D) The issue voted on, signature of CDHS staff person
9. What type of communication is subject to the Open Meetings Law?
A) Email between board members
B) Staff communicating logistical information to board members
C) Social gatherings with board members
D) Issues regarding a member of the board
10. Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of board members?
A) Posting public notice of meetings
B) Understanding and abiding by the board’s enabling document
C) Fulfilling the responsibilities of the board as outlined in the board’s enabling document
D) Reading and following the board’s bylaws
Assurance Statement: I have completed the CDHS Boards and Commissions Member Training. I understand my responsibilities and will act in compliance with Colorado laws applicable to board members. I understand I must disclose any conflicts of interest as they arise.
Should be Empty: