Please be aware that you must be a TMA major or minor to apply for funds.
Professional development applications can include proposals for the following:
- Graduate School application fees or interviews
- Study Abroad programs outside of TMA
- Other professional development opportunities*
*Additional information or justification of a proposal may be requested for proposals that fall under this category.
Since funds are limited, there is intense competition. It will be the responsibility of the faculty mentors, department areas, and the TMA Executive Committee to judge the relative merit of all applications.
Please be aware that professional and academic advancement grants do not cover the following:
- TMA Study Abroad programs
- New York Showcase
- Job interviews
- Graduate school campus tours
- Graduate exams and prep classes (i.e. GRE, GMAT, etc.)
- Film Equipment
- Personal supplies (i.e. headshot printing, conference supplies, etc)
- Cost of living while in Provo or nearby areas of Utah
- Classroom supplies
Please Note: The maximum amount a student can receive for this grant is $2000. The final grant amounts are determined by the number of applications received and the number of funds available.