Please read. NOTE: If you are under 18 years of age, please have a parent/guardian read.
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
This is a binding legal agreement. As a participant (or parent/guardian of a Participant under age 18 years) in the programs, activities and events of the Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
1. The Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives (the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
2. In consideration of my (or my child/ward’s) participation in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer. The risks and hazards of soccer include, but are not limited to injuries from:
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer;
- Dry land training including weights, running, and massage;
- Grass, turf and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
- Collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
- Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
- Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
3. Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries sustained in soccer can be severe;
- That I (or my child/ward) may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
- That I (or my child/ward) may experience anxiety while challenging him/herself during the activities;
- That I (or my child/ward’s) risk of injury is reduced if we follow all rules adopted during training; and
- That I (or my child/ward’s) risk of injury increases as they become fatigued.
Release of Liability
4. In consideration of the Organization allowing me (or my child/ward) to participate, I agree:
- To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my (or my child/ward’s) participation;
- To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I (or my child/ward) might sustain while participating; and
- To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my (or my child/ward) participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
Executing this agreement will not preclude you from accident insurance coverage for you or your child/ward, subject to the terms and conditions of The Ontario Soccer Association’s insurance policy.
By entering your name and date as well as checking the box below, you agree that you (or your child/ward) is the coach/volunteer/participant being registered and to be bound by this Legal Agreement even if you have not read this agreement.