CANDIDATE HEADSHOT for Competition Magazine, etc.
DUE ON OR BEFORE Sunday, September 25, 2022.
Headshots should be uploaded as a JPEG file and should have a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1500 pixels.
Helpful dos and don’ts to keep in mind as you take your official headshot:
- Your headshot photo should be taken on a white background
- Your photo should have some “white space” around your head & shoulders in case we need to crop
- Have fun, be playful, and let your personality show
- Submit your photo in color - MAO may apply a uniform treatment to all candidate photos for other use
- We don’t want perfect - this is not about "pageant" hair or stage makeup
- Don't wear an evening gown or cocktail dress - Keep wardrobe simple & casual
- Don’t be too posed
- Don’t be too rigid & formal - we don’t want it to look like a yearbook photo or staged portrait
- Don't include crown or sash
- Once you have captured the photo you love that matches the criteria provided in the Headshoot Guidebook, please upload your high-res headshot below.
- Also required with the submission of your headshot is the Photographer's Release. This release must be signed by the photographer. Headshot photos cannot be used by MAO until this release is received. Click HERE to download and complete the required Individual/Corporate Photographer’s Agreement.
As a reminder, this picture and any variation of it is confidential and proprietary to the Miss America Organization. It cannot be shared with anyone and cannot be posted in any form of media.