Complete a separate student registration application for each student you wish to enroll. Please note that the completion of this form does not guarantee your student will be enrolled into the program; students are admitted to After-School All-Stars on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is After-School All-Stars?
After-School All-Stars Las Vegas (ASAS) provides a free, comprehensive after-school program at Herr Elementary School. Our mission is to keep children safe and help them achieve in school and in life. Our program gives students a chance to complete their homework and receive tutoring, and also to have fun and learn new skills. You can learn more at www.asaslv.org.
Herr Elementary School Program Dates and Times
Session 1: August 22, 2022 - December 15, 2022
The program runs Mondays - Thursdays. There is no program on Fridays. The program does not run on holidays or days when the school is closed.
|Segment of Program
||What It Is
||2:15 pm - 2:30 pm
||Students receive a snack
||2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
||Complete homework and receive tutoring in math and reading
||3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
||Classes like sports, art, and life skills that help students build new skills and have fun
||Students are picked up from the program.
- Attendance: Our program is designed so that students come to each day of program. ASAS is not a drop-in program. It is required that students attend their academic class to be allowed in their enrichment class. Students who have more than three unexcused absences per session, will be in jeopardy of losing their space within the program. If your student is absent from the program, please provide a signed note detailing the reason of the absence upon their return.
- Early Pick-Up: ASAS participants are required to attend the full program (snack, academic hour, enrichment hour) daily. Early pick-ups disrupt class time and learning. Student pick-up/dismissal time is designated at each site and must be adhered to. Any pick-up prior to the designated pick-up/dismissal time is considered an early pick-up. All early pick-ups will be documented. Students who have more than three early pick-ups per session will be in jeopardy of losing their space within the program.
- Late Pick-Up: ASAS staff are only available until the end of the program. Therefore, all students must be picked up by the designated time. Any student who is picked up after the designated pick-up/dismissal time is considered a late pick-up. All late pick-ups will be documented. Students who have more than two late pick-ups per session will be in jeopardy of losing their space within the program.
We understand emergencies occur that cannot be avoided, which is why we allow three unexcused absences, three early pick-ups and two late pick-ups per session before your student is in jeopardy of losing their space in the program. We appreciate your cooperation with these policies. Please contact your ASAS Site Leaders if you have any questions.
- Behavior: We adhere to the same behavior standards as the CCSD school day during after-school programming. Site Leaders will work with students to address negative behaviors, including bullying, and find a solution. Parents/guardians will be notified about unacceptable student behavior. Students may be dropped from the program if the behavior continues; students will be immediately dropped from the program if they willfully injure, or threaten to injure, another student and/or staff member.
- Field Trips: We offer fun and exciting field trips at all of our schools each year. Your student will share a permission slip if their class has been selected to attend a field trip. The permission slip must be turned in by the deadline for your student to attend.
- Dismissal: On the registration form, select how your student is allowed to get home each day. If selecting adult sign-out, please plan on arriving to pick up your student at dismissal time.