POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM WHITENING
Congratulations! You have just experienced a revolutionary teeth whitening procedure. Dark staining substance should be avoided because this is when your teeth are most susceptible to absorbing stain. Anything that can stain a white shirt can stain your teeth. Please avoid these items for 48 hours:
• Drinks: Coffee, Tea, Red Wine, Cola
• Condiments: Ketchup, Mustard, Red Sauces, Soy Sauce, Steak Sauce
• Food: Berries, Red Meat (Steak or Hamburger)
• Toothpaste: Colored toothpaste (Would suggest using Sensodyne toothpaste)
• Mouth rinse: Colored Mouthwash, Fluoride treatment, Chlorohexidine
Take Home Whitening
• Please make sure the custom tray is completely dry. Place a small amount of gel on each of the teeth in the custom tray. Use caution not to overload the tray. Insert the tray over the teeth and wipe away any excess gel with Q-tip. Do not leave any gel on the gums because this will cause irritation to your gums.
• Wear the bleaching trays with gel for 30 minutes to 1 hour
• If sensitivity is uncomfortable, stop and reduce time and/or frequency of treatment. If too uncomfortable, stop all together.
Things not to do when bleaching tray is in your mouth:
• Do not rinse your mouth, since this may dilute the bleaching agent.
• Do not swallow the whitening gel.
• Never drink, eat, or smoke while wearing your tray.
After completing the daily bleaching session, remove the tray and gently clean it with a toothbrush. Rinse it completely, and let dry thoroughly before the next session. Excess water in the tray can dilute the gel.
Some patients experience sensitivity such as “zingers” or thermal sensitivity 12 to 24 hours after Zoom!
Whitening and during at home whitening. Here are things you can do to help relieve this sensitivity:
• Place Relief ACP gel on the problem area in the take home trays and seat them over the teethyou could do this before or after the bleaching session.
• Take over the counter pain relievers such as Advil or Tylenol
• Brushing your teeth with Sensodyne toothpaste.
• Drink plenty of water