PASSPORT & VISA POLICIES
All travelers must have a valid passport and a Cuban visa. You are responsible for having proper documentation on your person to enter Cuba as well as to re-enter the United States and proper documentation to travel via a third country (if necessary) to Cuba. For certain categories of travel MetaMovements can assist with the Cuban visa application. The Cuban Government retains the right to grant or deny visas.
**VERY IMPORTANT: persons born in Cuba, no matter what your current citizenship, will require additional documentation. Please contact us for further information.
MetaMovements does not guarantee a roommate assignment. We recommend you link up with a fellow traveler and sign up as roommates, but we'll make our best attempts to match you with another traveler if possible.
IMPORTANT: If we are unable to assign you a roommate, you will automatically be upgraded to a single and the cost will be added to your final invoice.
Part of your land package includes a certain number of pre-arranged meals. As such, it will help us to create a better experience if we know of any dietary or medical restrictions you may have in advance so we can adequately prepare. In general, if you do have dietary concerns and/or restrictions, we always recommend that you bring any necessary food, supplements, vitamins as you are accustomed to including in your diet.
MetaMovements offers a number of optional add-ons that might be of interest that you can select and add to your land package. Please select the items on which you'd like to receive additional information. Selecting any item will not obligate you to purchase.
FLIGHT ARRANGEMENT POLICIES
Since commercial flights to Cuba began in Dec 2016, there have been many changes to the flight booking process. We are well versed in these changes and are ready to help you. We can book domestic as well as international flights that cater to your personal preference of airport, airline, or layover city. We can even attach your frequent flyer number, select seat preference, add luggage (when applicable), flight insurance or add traveler redress and/or known traveler ids to the tickets we book for you.
* There is a $45 service fee for the research, coordination & purchase of your flight.
* We will provide you with recommended flight options & prices.
* The flight options & prices ARE NOT guaranteed and subject to change based on availability.
* For that reason, we request feedback within 24 hours of any price quote. If the quote changes +/- $150, we require permission from you to proceed with the purchase. Otherwise, the quote is null & void and we will not purchase the flight on your behalf.
* Please be aware that flight insurance is NOT included in the flight arrangement service, but can be added to your flight if requested.
NOTE: The Flight Arrangement service is an OPTIONAL service. The cost of the flight AND the service fee will be added to the traveler's invoice ONLY if the service is requested by the traveler; however, the policies are provided to all travelers whether or not they request the service.
VISA ARRANGEMENT POLICIES
Depending on your flight arrangements, some airlines sell the Cuban visa directly to you at the airport or in advance. Once you have sent us your flight itinerary, we'll notify you about your options.
If the airline requires you to purchase in advance, MetaMovements is able to purchase the visa on your behalf for a nominal fee of $10.
NOTE: The Visa Arrangement service is an OPTIONAL service. The cost of this service will be added to the traveler's invoice ONLY if the service is requested by the traveler; however, the policies are provided to all travelers whether or not they request the service.
AIRPORT TRANSFER ARRANGEMENT POLICIES
Depending on your travel program, airport transfers may be included and/or arranged by MetaMovements.
* In order to arrange an airport transfer, MetaMovements will set a designated FLIGHT arrival and/or departure time (the time at which travelers flights should arrive to or depart from the airport). MetaMovements will also set an AIRPORT departure time (the time at which the group will depart from or to the airport).
* If your flight arrives BEFORE the designated arrival time, you are responsible to wait until the designated AIRPORT departure time. Otherwise, you are responsible for the cost of your airport transfer. You must also notify MetaMovements in advance so they can provide you with the appropriate address to give your taxi, as you may need to travel directly to a program activity to comply with regulations.
* If you purchase a flight that arrives AFTER the designated arrival time, you are responsible for the cost of your airport transfer (unless otherwise indicated by MetaMovements).
* If your travel program has included airport transfers and your flight is delayed and arrives AFTER the designated arrival time, we will work with you to arrange alternate transportation.
* Please note, airport transfers, once purchased are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
* Otherwise, average taxi rates to Havana can range between 25-50 CUC each way/car (not per person).
NOTE: Unless your travel program INCLUDES airport transfers, airport transfers are an OPTIONAL service. The cost of this service will be added to the traveler's invoice ONLY if the service is requested by the traveler; however, the policies are provided to all travelers whether or not they request the service.
MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs is authorized to arrange tours to Cuba for U.S. travelers. They offer programming that complies with regulations required under the Support for the Cuban People, Public Performances & Professional Research license categories.
To comply with U.S. & Cuban regulations, MetaMovements requires that all participants adhere to a full-time schedule of educational & exchange activities that will result in meaningful interactions between the traveler and individuals in Cuba. By taking part in MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs to Cuba, you agree to participate in all scheduled activities unless sick or otherwise physically unable.
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Our programming is unique & we design every trip. That means that some activities might not always be available.
Rest assured, the teams both on the island and in the U.S. have extensive experience planning each travel program and are always prepared viable alternatives in the event of a modification to the program.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payments for MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs can be made by check (institutional, certified, personal), money order, credit card or online services. If you make payment by CREDIT CARD, a 3% NON-REFUNDABLE processing fee will be added to your invoice. This fee is assessed by the credit card processor NOT MetaMovements. If you would like to avoid the processing fee, please feel free to send payment via check or money order or online service (Venmo, Zelle)
All invoices will be sent via email by our vendor, please be on the lookout in your junk or SPAM folder in case it's delivered there.
MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs deposit is $500 (NON-REFUNDABLE) and required to hold your spot in the program. You are also welcome to pay the full program cost in advance of the final payment deadline.
CANCELLATION, CHANGE & REFUND POLICY
Requests to change or cancel MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs must be made in writing and sent via mail, fax or email. MetaMovements must confirm receipt of the traveler's cancellation/change notice for the request to be valid.
MetaMovements Cultural Connections Travel Programs are subject to charges or modification fees should you cancel or change your trip for any reason:
Cancellation Policy & Fees
If your notice is received:
60 days or MORE from departure date: FULL Refund LESS your deposit ($500) & any applicable fees (i.e. credit card processing).
30-50 days from departure date: 50% REFUND of your program LESS your deposit ($500)
29 days or LESS or less before departure: NO REFUND
Change Policy & Fees
Should you need to alter your trip for any reason, MetaMovements will assess a change fee of $75 + any difference in trip cost (if applicable). In the case of modification, it MAY be possible (but not guaranteed) to forward a portion of your deposit to a future program. All deposit forward requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis to determine the potential amount of a future travel voucher. The new travel program must be taken/completed within 1 calendar year from date of cancellation trip modification date.
The above charges do not include cancellation or modification charges imposed by airlines for any connecting flights to/from your point of departure to your final destination. MetaMovements is NOT responsible for any charges incurred if you miss your flights.
Please follow these instructions then Press SUBMIT MY APPLICATION at the bottom of this page to complete your application.
1) Send payment to : MetaMovements, PO Box 670211, Bronx, NY 10467
2) In the memo field, please write: Cultural Connections. Please DO NOT write Cuba:
3) Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have sent payment and with a picture of payment or check/money order number
4) You will receive an email confirming receipt of payment.
Instructions below to submit online payment.
Don't Forget to Press SUBMIT MY APPLICATION to complete your application.
1) Send payment to account @amanda-cardona. Image is a gal in a long black dress.
3) You will receive an email confirming receipt of payment.
We'll contact you once payment has been received!
Please proceed to the end of this form & PRESS SUBMIT MY APPLICATION to complete your application.
Please proceed to the CREDIT CARD PAYMENT SECTION.
Once completed, please PRESS SUBMIT to complete your application.
FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ONLY