CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Renters wanting use of this Facility should make reservations well in advance of the intended date of use because demand for facilities is high and dates fill quickly.
2. The Facility is not considered rented until (1) Renter completes the Facility Use Agreement, paid the deposit and any other items deemed necessary by the Northern Rockies Museum of Culture and Heritage and (2) the Northern Rockies Museum, in its sole discretion, approves such rental.
3. A person who is at least eighteen (18) years of age must sign this agreement.
4. Renter shall be responsible for securing all required permits and licenses.
5. The facility shall be used for the purpose stated in this agreement and no other use will be permitted.
6. Renter shall not use the Northern Rockies Museum's name to suggest endorsement or sponsorship of the event without prior written approval of the Northern Rockies Museum Manager or their designee. Renter’s publicity of the event shall clearly and accurately identify the name of the sponsoring organization or individual.
7. In the event that the Facility is rented when staff members are not present, Renter shall insure all windows and doors are shut and locked and that the alarm is set.
8. Under no circumstances shall Renter sublease or allow any other organization or individual to use the Facility for the period for which Renter has contracted. Renter is an independent contractor and not the agent or employee of the Northern Rockies Museum.
1. The Northern Rockies Museum requires a rental fee and a deposit from Renter.
2. Any person or agency holding a reservation for the use of Northern Rockies Museum facilities and desiring to cancel such reservation will be subject to the witholding of $20 and if under 48 hours notice of the cancellation is provided the entire amount will be withheld.
3. The Northern Rockies Museum may charge an additional amount of up to double the regular rental rate for any event continuing past the ending time stated in this agreement.
4. A $25/hour clean up fee will be added to the invoice if clean up is deemed necessary by the Manager in the kitchen/ rental area or if garbage (including cigarette butts) is left outside the facility.
5. In the event the Facility is left damaged, Renter shall be charged for any and all janitorial and/or repair fees incurred by the Northern Rockies Museum as a result of same at the Manager’s discretion and these fees shall be billed to Renter.
C. INDEMNIFICATION AND INSURANCE
1. Renter shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Northern Rockies Museum, its officers, employees, and agents from any and all losses, costs, expenses, claims, liabilities, actions, or damages, including liability for injuries to any person or persons or damage to property arising at any time during and/or arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of the Facility and adjoining property, unless solely caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Northern Rockies Museum, its officers, employees, or agents.
2. Renter waives any right of recovery against the Northern Rockies Museum, its officers, employees, and agents for indemnification, contribution, or declaratory relief arising out of or in any way connected with Renter’s use or occupancy of the Facility and adjoining property, even if the Northern Rockies Museum, its officers, employees, or agents seek recovery against Renter.
1. Renter is solely responsible for supervising all individuals at the Facility and adjoining property during the event. The Northern Rockies Museum is not responsible for providing this supervision.
E. SET UP / CLEAN UP / DECORATIONS
1. Renter, caterers, bands, transportation of rental equipment, and related individuals and activities will not be permitted access to the Facility prior to or after the event time period. Renter shall be responsible for arranging access during the time requested for entry and exit of the Facility.
2. Renter shall not drive or permit to be driven nails, hooks, tacks, screws, poles, stakes or other forms of fasteners into any part of the Facility and shall not make or allow to be made any alterations of any kind therein.
3. Renter shall be responsible for all clean up of the Facility, including adjacent grounds, at the end of the rental. Renter shall pick up, bag, and remove all trash generated by all activity in any way connected with its use of the Facility, leaving the Facility clean and free of all trash and litter. Renter shall also leave all fixtures, if any, in good working condition.
4. Renter shall not store any equipment or materials at the Facility or adjoining property without the prior approval of the Northern Rockies Museum Manager or his/her designee.
5. Renter shall be responsible for any and all damage to the Facility and/or its contents during use. In the event damage occurs or excessive cleaning is necessary, Renter shall be charged for any and all janitorial and/or repair fees incurred by the Northern Rockies Museum as a result.
F. EQUIPMENT / ACCESSORIES
1. Renter shall not remove, relocate, or take Northern Rockies Museum property outside of the Facility for any reason without the prior written approval of the Northern Rockies Museum Manager or his/her designee.
2. Renter shall not use Northern Rockies Museum equipment, tools, or furnishings located in or about the Facility without the prior approval of the Northern Rockies Museum Manager or his/her designee. If equipment, tools, furnishings, any property is deemed missing from the premises after the event, the Renter will be billed for the missing items.
3. Renter shall not drive motorized vehicles on field or green space.
4. Renter shall secure the approval of the Northern Rockies Museum before using audio/visual systems, public address systems, and live or recorded amplified music.
1. Renter shall comply with all local, provincial, and federal laws and regulations related to the use of the Facility.
2. Smoking inside is not permitted at the Facility.
3. No animals are permitted at the Facility, without the express permission of the Northern Rockies Museum staff; with the exception of guide dogs.
4. If Renter violates any part of this agreement or reports false information to the Northern Rockies Museum, the Manager may refuse Renter further use of the Facility and Renter shall forfeit a portion of or all of the rental fee and/or the deposit.
5. The Northern Rockies Museum may impose additional requirements as deemed necessary to protect the health, safety, and/or welfare of the community.
6. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. Alcohol on the premises must not be in view of the public during Northern Rockies Museum’s regular business hours – (Regular Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
8. The Basement in the Northern Rockies Museum holds a maximum capacity of 50 people with non-fixed seating.