USTA Southern is offering financial support to juniors that are interested in attending a summer tennis camp. Scholarship amounts range from $200-$500 towards an approved camp in the Southern section. Consideration and award are based on need. Applicants must meet the criteria listed below:
1. Be between the ages of 9-16.
2. Family adjusted gross income of $99,000 or less.
3. A copy of the family's 2017 tax return, or 2016 if not filed yet, must be submitted with this application.
4. One letter of recommendation from a non-family member who is familiar with the junior's character and tennis interest.
5. Reside in the Southern section.
6. Be a current USTA member.
7. Provide own transportation to and from the camp, if selected.
8. All information must be filled out completely or application will not be accepted.
9. Three (3) hours of volunteer service with a local NJTL, Community Tennis Association, or USTA State office is required of all scholarship recipients to be completed by October 31st. A letter from the organization documenting the hours is needed to fulfill this requirement.
*Due to NCAA Regulations, all applicants attending a summer tennis camp that is held on a College/University campus must be 13 years and under at the time of the camp. If youth is 14 and older, the selected tennis camp must not be held on a campus.
**Applicants who have not received USTA Southern scholarships will receive priority over applicants who have been awarded scholarships in the past.
Contact: Cee Jai Jones at email@example.com or 770-368-8200.