Special Events Waiver
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the program, I hereby agree and represent that:
1. I have or will secure, health insurance to provide adequate coverage for any injuries or illness that I may sustain or experience while participating in the program. By my signature below, I certify that I have confirmed that my health care coverage will adequately cover me for the duration of this program. I hereby release the College, the employees and or agents from any responsibility or liability for expenses incurred by me for illness or injuries during my participation in this program.
2. I understand that, although the College will attempt to maintain the program as described in its publications and brochures, it reserves the right to change the program, including the itinerary, travel arrangements or accommodations at any time and for any reason, with or without notice, and that the College, or the employees or agents of the College, shall not be responsible or liable for any expense or losses that I may sustain because of these changes.
3. I understand that the College may remove me from participation in the program. Depending on my actions in questions, I understand I may also be subject to college disciplinary proceedings.
4. Furthermore, I grant Southwestern College permission to reproduce all photographs, video, movies, or sound recordings taken of me during the time I participate in the program.
5. I understand that, although the College has made reasonable effort to assure my safety while participating in this program, there are unavoidable risks in travel and I hereby release and promise not to sue the College, or the employees and agents of the College, for any damages or injury (including death) caused by, derived from, or associated with my participation in the program, except for such damages or injury as may be caused by the gross negligence of willful misconduct of the employees or agents of the College.
6. Possession of any illegal drug, alcohol, or firearm will result in immediate dismissal from campus. Smoking is not allowed in any Southwestern College building.
7. I agree that, should any provision or aspect of this agreement be found to be unenforceable, all remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in full force and effect.
8. I represent that my agreement to the provisions herein is wholly voluntary, and further understand that, prior to signing this agreement; I have the right to consult with the advisor, counselor or attorney of my choice.
9. I agree that, should there be any dispute concerning my participation in the program that would require the adjudication of a court of law, such adjudication will occur in the courts of, and be determined by the laws of the State of Kansas.
10. This agreement represents my complete understanding with the College concerning the College's responsibility and liability for my participation in the program, supersedes any previous or contemporaneous understandings I may have had with the College on this subject, whether written or oral, and cannot be changed or amended in any way without my written concurrence.
11. If staying overnight and should you lose or misplace your room key(s) there is a $25.00 key replacement fee per key paid to the college. If a Master Key is lost you will be charged $25.00 for every key lock to be replaced in the residence hall for inside and outside doors.