Application for Admission
A completed application includes:
- This completed form
- $50 nonrefundable application fee, paid by credit card or by check. The fee will be waived for applications received by the Preferred Admissions deadline (July 17, 2023).
All applicants must possess a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including those where no credit was received, must be sent via mail or e-mail to: Amie Barrish
Asst. Director for Recruitment
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
610 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1901
Completion of the Midcareer Fellowship Application OR Spertus Scholarship Application, including required letter of recommendation. Please review the eligibility requirements at https://www.spertus.edu/student-scholarships prior to completing the application.
Documents you will upload
Please have these items ready to upload before you begin this application. The form accepts PDF, MS Word and Text format documents.
- Professional resume: A standard summary of your employment experience
- Additional professional or volunteer experience: A short statement describing applicable professional or volunteer experience not included on your resume.
- Personal bio: A short (400 word max) autobiographical statement. Include information about your educational background, work experience, and personal and professional goals.
- Admissions essay: Identify one challenging issue in contemporary Jewish life and offer reflections on how you would address it. The essay must be clear, concise, organized, and well-written. (600 words max.)
Your application materials are not made available to any other persons or agencies without express legal authority, and Spertus will not disclose the identity of individual applicants when providing any agency with required statistical data. All material submitted in connection with your application will become part of our confidential admissions files.