Teton Literacy Center is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, guidelines and ordinances. At this point, it is our hope to run our typical 2021 Spring Afterschool and Summer SOAR programs.
Regarding our our afterschool clubs, in effort to align with TCSD podding efforts, students will have limited club options based upon which elementary school they attend. Additionally, we will cap clubs at twelve students in order to maintain social distancing while present in our facilities. Because of these efforts, it is possible that your student may land on the waitlist even if they have typically been granted a space in the past. For those whose students are often enrolled in more than one club, it is likely that your student will be placed in fewer clubs than they have in the past.
Regarding our Summer SOAR program, we will determine what we believe to be a safe number of students to serve per "cabin" as we get closer to the summer. However, we do expect to serve less students than we have in typical summers and expect an extensive waitlist to this highly-sought summer programming. We will try to connect all waitlisted families with other community programs and resources. As always, we will do our best to accommodate as many students as safely possible.
We are currently planning to run our spring programs from Monday, April 12th – Thursday, June 3rd. We are currently planning to run our Summer SOAR program from June 21 - August 12 (Full Days: June 21 - July 15; Afternoons: July 19 - August 12). Please note that there is no afterschool programming for middle schoolers this spring, but we are planning on having SOAR for middle school students (6th - 7th graders) this summer.
It is possible that we will need to alter or cancel our programs at any point (possibly unexpectedly). As such, these dates and our programs are subject to change at any point. Following are a few of the many factors that could impact our programs:
State and/or local COVID-19 guidelines and ordinances.
Teton County School District – we will strive to follow the decisions of TCSD. If at any point TCSD determines they will continue with their Adaptive Learning Plan, TLC will likely resume our virtual programs in lieu of physical programs.
A TLC student, staff member or volunteer testing positive for COVID-19.
TLC staff illness may result in short or long-term cancellation of specific TLC programs that staff member is associated with.
In the event of an unexpected program cancelation, TLC will communicate with all families involved via email and texts.
Finally, we hope to notify families of their status for spring clubs on Thursday, March 11th and SOAR on Thursday, Marth 18th (all notifications will be sent via email).
We thank you for your flexibility and patience as we continue to navigate this situation. We also appreciate your continued support and involvement in our programs during these trying times.
Teton Literacy Center Team