The G.R.O.O.M. Credible Messenger Mentorship program is a transformational process in which trained community leaders from diverse backgrounds work to engage both pre and post adjudicated young adults in positive, structured and intentional relationships.
The G.R.O.O.M Credible Messenger program does not discriminate against race, sexual orientation or gender.
Participants only need to meet the following requirements:
Additionally, G.R.O.O.M has a special focus on young adults in the King County/Seattle area who are either justice involved, at risk of justice involvement, or exhibit one or more of the following risks:
- On probation or involved in the court system
- Gang involvement or has significant ties (friends, close family members, etc.) to gang affiliates
- On academic probation or behind in credits to graduate
- From a low-income family or receives free or reduced lunch
- Has a parent or siblings who are currently incarcerated
- Lives in a single-parent home or a non-relative
- Has poor school attendance
- Has disciplinary issues in school or otherwise