What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Can I create a free text field on the PayPal wizard?Asked by floydpr on November 30, 2016 at 04:23 PM
I am using a Paypal widget in my form and right now they can choose from multiple products that have a set price. But what if they want to donate a unique amount that is not one of the products? Also, what if someone wants to pay for an item they won in an auction? All those amounts are different, so it would need to be a blank field where they fill in the price. Is that possible to do with the Paypal widget?
here is the form I am referring to that I wanted to add a "fill in the blank" option to: https://form.jotform.com/62364346642962
Unfortunately you cannot have a User Defined Amount field while also having a Products field in the paypal integration. You can only setup either products or custom amount, but not both.
A possible workaround would be to use the regular checkbox and textbox fields as the product selection, and in conjunction with a Form Calculation widget, pass the calculated value to a User Defined Amount paypal field. Please follow the steps below:
1. Add a checkbox field to your form and insert your products as the options
2. Click the gear icon on the top right of the checkbox to pen the wizard, then select the Surveying tab
3. Insert the prices of each product as calculation values in each line
4. Then add a textbox that will serve as the free text field for custom amounts
5. Now add a Form Calculation Widget that will calculate the total from the My Products checkbox and the Custom amount textbox. Here's a guide to help you set it up: How to Perform Calculation in the Form?
6. Finally, all we need is to pass the Total Amount calculated into the Paypal integration's User Defined Amount field. Please follow this guide to learn How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
That works great!
Thank you for all your help!
Intranet Content Specialist
706.509.3253 phone | 770.905.9172 cell
Corporate Support Center
420 E. 2nd Ave.
Rome, GA 30161