What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I multiply the sum of fields with the number of the fields?Asked by realtomsamsher on December 01, 2016 at 12:52 AM
how can i do (fieldA+fieldB) times the number of fields added?
so if there was three A,B,C it would be (fieldA+fieldB+fieldC)3 cause there are three fields?
This is a re-post of a comment on Form Calculation - Math Function Reference
Unfortunately, you have to enter the number of fields to the Form Calculation Widget. I created an example demonstration. Please have a look at the screenshots below.
1. Added three Number fields to the form.
2. Added Form Calculation widget and clicked on the wizard of the widget.
3. Added number fields to the calculation and multiplied the result with 3.
4. You can see the resulting form from the screenshot below.
If you have further questions, please feel free to ask us.
You can try to solve your problem by using conditions. I made a simple demonstration with two number fields and one Form Calculation field.
Please check the steps shown in the screenshots below.
1. Go to Form Calculation widget and click on Conditions button.
2. Choose to Update/Calculate Field.
3. You need to add the conditions below for two field.
If only a is filled:
If only b is filled:
If both are filled:
4. You can see the overall conditions below.
When the fields are filled, the resulting product is 2*(a+b).
If you want more fields in your form, you need to have a condition for each possibility.
For example if you have 3 field you need to have: a,b,c,2*(a+b),2*(a+c),2*(b+c) and 3*(a+b+c).
I hope this helps. If you need further guidance, please feel free to ask us.