- ElleEstLuLaRoeAsked on December 05, 2016 at 10:31 AM
How come I have been receiving SOOOO many multiple forms when my clients submit?
- BorisAnswered on December 05, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Are you referring to receiving duplicated submissions?
This can happen when your users reload the submission page after they have submitted your form. most commonly, this occurs when your users leave a browser tab open on the thank you page after submitting your form, and then when they close and re-open the browser, the browser reloads the page and essentially resubmits your form.
This is a common problem with web forms, and JotForm has several ways you can go around this limitation.
1. You can add a Captcha field to your form, and enable its reCaptcha option:
With this, if your users reload the page, the form will not be automatically submitted as they would need to pass the reCaptcha again:
2. Another easy method to preventing duplicated submissions on thank you page reloads, is to set up a Thank You page redirect:
This way, users will be navigated away from our submission page after submission is made, so the form will not be resubmitted if they reload the page you have redirected them to.
3. Finally, if none of that helps, you can also intentionally prevent multiple submissions by a same person by setting one of these form limits:
Please try one of these methods depending on your needs, and let us know should you need any further assistance. Thank you.