- mysteria1Asked on December 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM
I created a form with hover text, but it only shows on two of the fields. Can anyone suggest what is happening here. The form is here http://www.tanen.com.au/Contact-Us.html and it is only the date fields that show the hover text even though all have hover text entered.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 13, 2010 at 08:48 AM
I added this to our bug list. Thanks for reporting it.
- williambuyshousesfastAnswered on December 14, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Yes, I thought I was the only one who noticed this little bug. On my form there are only 2-3 fields with working Hover text.
- annedigbyAnswered on January 08, 2011 at 11:38 PM
I've only recently created my form and most of the hover texts aren't working - has this bug been fixed yet?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 10, 2011 at 09:25 AM
No, if it was fixed we would have updated this page. You should probably use the "Sub label" feature instead for them.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 14, 2011 at 08:03 AM
I checked this form and all hover text work fine. So, this issue is already resolved. If you have a form that has some hover text not working, please post it.
- brendabohlAnswered on January 17, 2011 at 01:09 PM
Hover text is not working for me on the survey slider feature.
- cfransonAnswered on January 17, 2011 at 02:31 PM
my hover text is unpredictable. Sometimes it works fine other times it's too far to the right of the form and half of it is cut off. If I refresh the page, it suddenly works fine.
- brendabohlAnswered on January 17, 2011 at 02:39 PM
Hmm...I'll have to try that. Unfortunately, whoever is filling the form out, won't know to do that.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 18, 2011 at 08:57 AM
Please provide more details so we can help you.
1. List of URLs of the forms that has hover problems
2. List of questions which does not show the hover text
3. Browser Type and Version
- cfransonAnswered on January 18, 2011 at 09:05 AM
I'm using Safari 5.0.3
Fields: Preferred Outlaw Nickname and Zip Code.
When it happens it will always be to both fields at the same time. Then usually, if I reload the page it will correct itself.
Also, sometimes they will be aligned far to the left, on top of the field and other times way off to the right and sometimes only half showing, like some margin is cutting it in two.
- serkanAnswered on January 18, 2011 at 09:54 AM
I think I've understood this problem. Our hover mechanism is a bit inconsistent. For some fields hover pops when the mouse is over the field and for some fields it pops when fields get clicked. I think this is causing confusion, it should work on mouseover for all fields. I'll add this to our bug list and will fix it soon.
- brendabohlAnswered on January 19, 2011 at 09:15 AM
Thank you. For now, I've just removed the hover text from my form and will wait for the fix.
- markashtonAnswered on January 19, 2011 at 05:51 PM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 20, 2011 at 07:12 AM
It is still in our bug list. We have hundreds of low priority bugs. This is one of them. We will update here when we have a fix.
- serkanAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 03:59 AM
I've fixed all hover texts to be appeared on mouseover. This should resolve your problem until we come up with a better solution.
- brendabohlAnswered on February 01, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Thank you!! It's much appreciated.