- beneciaAsked on December 12, 2016 at 05:12 PM
I have a field called Employee name and when the employee chooses their name, another field (email address) prepopulates with their email address.
Where do I go to enter current employee email addresses?
- CharlieAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Upon checking your form titled "Time Off Request Form", I see that you have already resolved the issue?
I see you used multiple conditional logic to insert email addresses depending on the employee name.
If I may suggest also, you can assign values on your drop down option by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value. You can use text here and not just numbers.
1. First, open the properties wizard of your "Employee Name". You can see under "Surveying" tab->Calculation values, where I listed the email addresses. Notice I have "0" in the first line, this is because the first line represents the blank option in your drop down field of "Employee Name".
2. Now instead of having multiple conditional logic, we'll just need to have one. Here's mine:
The important thing to take note on this is the "A-Z" option when you add the field. "A-Z" means you want to get the text string of the value in the drop down option "Employee Name". Here's a guide to help you in advance about inserting text with conditional logic: https://www.jotform.com/help/268-How-to-Insert-Text-or-Mathematical-Calculation-into-a-Field-Using-Conditional-Logic
You can check how this works on my cloned form here: https://form.jotform.com/63468436305964. This is a preferred approach as this will help you maintain the setup easily, if you need to add new email addresses, simply update the drop down option of the "Employee Name". You do not also need to create multiple conditions, you just need to manage one.
I hope that helps.
- beneciaAnswered on December 13, 2016 at 03:44 PMHi;
Thanks for your response and your suggestion. Great detail - I appreciate it!