- torreszachAsked on December 21, 2016 at 03:00 AM
I was pumped when I finally worked out all of the bugs on my desktop and mobile form I created for my website. Unfortunately when I publish my code into my wix HTTPS code box on my website it looks like total garbage, having to scroll everywhere on a super zoomed in form. Yes that's not a big deal, but what is a big deal is whenever I click on any field, it automatically scrolls me back to the top of the form! Not allowing me to enter anything anywhere.
Steps I did:
1. select publish
2. scroll to wix
3. copy wix code
4. go to my website editor
5. enter selected code into HTML code box
6. hit publish
Form mentioned above:
Website URL mentioned above:
http://www.accustomdesigns.com/copy-of-get-a-quoteSecond question I have, is when I click on my continue button to the thank you page, it redirects me to my second form that is on jotform.com. How would I keep my pre-populated fields on my second form, while re-directing to this second form but on my domain? Is this possible?
Thanks in advance,
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 03:04 AM
I also followed these steps and still no luck.
1. Remove all Injected CSS that has to do with the width of the form elements.
2. Add this widget to the form: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/mobile_responsive
3. View your form on your mobile device with jotform first to make sure it looks OK
4. Re-embed your form to Wix.
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 03:28 AM
I think you are doing very well on this, please try these following:
1) Try embedding your form into your website with another method. Our styling codes and scripts might not be working on the HTML box you specified, but I am not sure about it since I didn't use Wix before. We can ask our other supporters about it but lets try first Iframe method:
Also have alook at this guide, may be there is something different that you can try:
2) Select "Mobile Responsiveness" on Advanced Designer tool:
Please try these two options. In the mean time I will look at Wix application. If your issue persists please contact us again.
All the best!
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 03:58 AM
Thanks for the words of wisdom,
Using just the iframe embed code, still same results
Using just the from layout's "make this form responsive", it looked better and even let me enter a field without shooting me to the bottom of the form, but upon entering a value it shot me to the bottom of my website instead. You also still had to scroll vertically and laterally to see the whole form.
Using a combination of the two suggested methods, it looked just like the second approach but then after I entered a field everything seemed like it squished itself onto the same line (had more columns) and then shot me to the bottom of the form this time whenever I tried to enter anything into a field.
p.s. I'm using an iphone, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything
I just want the form to show up how it does on jotform.com/form# how it does on my website :(, I don't even care if it just the form and not any other elements on the page. I just want this form with my url in the address bar.
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 03:59 AM
In the meantime, I'm going to try the different options you included in the second link.
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 04:12 AM
I tried all of the embed options and the dreamweaver published code but still no luck. When I did the pop up option and it redirected me to url where my jotform form was posted it looked great! but still had the jotform address.
If you have any luck, I'll be online tomorrow but until then no rush and thanks for the help!
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 04:46 AM
We are looking into the issue.
We will inform you via this thread if we can find something.
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 05:34 AM
Hey Zach, Did you try adding your form as a web site? Please try this one if you haven't:
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 05:50 AM
I just tried it and it looks worse. The best results were with the iframe embed code.
- torreszachAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 06:01 AM
Seth! It worked!!! With the combination of the included forum, going into the wix mobile editor, and playing with the dimensions of the embed website address window I was able to have a stable form that didn't jump everywhere when attempting to fill in fields.
I may be able to sleep now.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 06:14 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you're welcome.
I'm glad that solution provided by my colleague worked for you!
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 07:46 AM
My apologies that I forgot to mention your second question. Please follow it up here: