- bobtestaAsked on December 28, 2016 at 07:27 PM
signups on the webpage are not being sent to me as they used to be at my email address indicated. I've tried updating the password to no avail. What has happened?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on December 28, 2016 at 10:45 PM
An email address usually gets added to the bounce list if the recipient's inbox is full, the mail server was unavailable at the time that the email was being sent, or if the email server is rejecting the email due to suspected spam.
I have now removed your email address bobtesta@sb****l.net from the bounce list so you should receive the next emails successfully. To prevent further bouncing related issues, please see our guide here: How to Prevent Email Bouncing Related Issues. You can also remove an email from the bounce list using your account. Simply follow our guide here: How to Remove Your Email Address from Bounce List.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- bobtestaAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 12:45 PMMy email address continues to appear on the Bounce List. I have followed your instructions on How to Remove Your Email Address from Bounce List and receive confirmation that it has been removed. It seems fine, but only for a few days, after which it returns to the bounce list. My inbox is not full, ever. I don’t have a problem receiving emails from other sources. I have tried deleting the email and reentering it on jotform. All to no avail. What is the problem here and how do I fix it so that I can rely on the jotform service? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 01:51 PM
If the issue continues, we recommend you to use your own SMTP settings to avoid for the sender email: https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
If you are already using your SMPT settings, make sure the right credentials are entered: https://www.jotform.com/help/241-How-to-Edit-Delete-Sender-Emails-on-SMTP-Settings
Let us know if you need more help.
- bobtestaAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 08:45 PMNothing you have suggested seems to work. My email address email@example.com continues to appear on the ounce list. I remove it daily, but it reappears on the bounce list. Could it be related to the fact that the server (smtp.att.yahoo.com) uses POP3 instead of SMTP? I use Outlook to receive my emails. The other notification email addresses I am using, all SMTP emails, work fine, but not the POP3 email. It all worked so well for the past year, but now I can’t seem to get it to function as it used to. What else can I do? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 10:00 PM
I would recommend using SMTP instead of POP3, as SMTP is for sending emails. I checked your form's email settings and I see that you are currently using firstname.lastname@example.org as the sender email instead of your SMTP address. Do you mean that your address gets added to the bounce list when you use SMTP for your sender? Can you please contact your email provider and ask them to whitelist the addresses listed here: Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
I understand that you have removed the email address from the bounce list. In case your address gets added again, please let us know before you remove it. That way we can identify what is causing the bouncing issue.
- bobtestaAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 10:45 PMI’m not sure I fully understand what you are saying. Our website allows a user to fill in the form. See http://branch116golf.org/schedules-sign-ups/boundary-oak-sign-ups/ , one of the two forms being used. When the user clicks the “Signup” button, it triggers a JotForm email to (from email@example.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is that latter email address that is being blocked, so that I never receive that email. That email address is set up as a POP/SMTP email in Outlook on my computer. Emails are also being sent to other addresses (for example, email@example.com) and that email address is set up as an IMAP/SMTP email in Outlook on my computer and it is not being blocked. As I mentioned, it all used to work fine (for over a year) until suddenly the firstname.lastname@example.org email address started appearing on the bounce list. Thanks. Bob
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on February 07, 2017 at 12:14 AM
Thank you for the response. The SMTP we are referring to is in regards to the Sender Email used to send the notification, not how the email address is setup in Outlook. Please see our guide here for more info: How to Setup SMTP for a Form
Your form's current Sender Email is email@example.com, so upon submission, the emails are sent from that address. When SMTP is setup for a form, the email address used to send the notification will be from your own email address instead, and not firstname.lastname@example.org. Since your own mail server will be used to send the notification, this avoids the address from getting added to the bounce list even if the email is bounced.
If you have not yet setup your SMTP as the form's sender email, please try doing so and let us know if the bouncing issue still occurs.
Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- bobtestaAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 03:46 PMSorry, but the bouncing issue is still occurring. It is currently on “Bounce” and I have not yet removed it so that you can hopefully identify what is causing it. Thanks for your help and patience in trying to resolve this. Bob
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 04:26 PM
This is the reason why it was added to bounce list:
Your email service provider is still rejecting our emails. I see you have been provider many suggestion, have you applied them already? If yes, and the issue still persist, we will forward this to our back-end team for further help.