- jjsatkowskiAsked on May 23, 2012 at 09:54 PMIs there a way where I could take form submissions, and have them automatically populated on a web page (either on my own domain, or better, on a Jotform page relatated to the form) in real time?My project idea is to create a form for fire department burn permits for my entire county, which has 19 different departments, whereby they fill in permit information, submit it, and then the submissions are displayed on a web page which can be secured by password, so that the 9-1-1 dispatch center can see all permits by every department in one place in real time.Currently, all permits are done by hand, or computer and faxed to the dispatch center, which is wasteful of paper, toner and time.Thanks!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 06:55 AM
Great, I'll give that a try. Next question though, can I get a list of all Jotform's server IP's addresses so the domain can be allowed through the firewall at the 9-1-1 Center? They don't have a web filter, but can configure the firewall to allow certain IP's to come in from the Internet.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 07:02 AM
I think the list is also just similar to this one (or you can get it from)
Feel free to contact us anytime should you have other inquiry.
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 02:18 PM
Ok, I have a working prototype of the form I want. But I have another need that may or may not be possible.
Is there a way to set an expiration on each submission, so that it auto-deletes itself from the grid or server?
For example, this form is for burn permits, and some fire departments issue a permit which is good for only 3 days, while others are good for 7 days. We'd like the system to automatically manage the deletion of expired permits (submissons) so that the 9-1-1 dispatchers won't have to try and figure out which ones are good or not; instead, what they see in the grid is known to be valid.
Secondly, here are a few more JotForm IP's that I found when setting up the firewall to accept the JotForm domain:
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Unfortunately, it's currently not possible. You will need to delete submissions manually.
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 03:21 PM
Is it something that could be looked at and possibly be developed?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 05:06 PM
I have submitted a request for this feature. But, I cannot guarantee that this can be implemented anytime soon as our developers are pretty busy working with other developments that are already in the pipeline.
But as soon as we have this feature, we'll sure to let you know.
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on June 14, 2012 at 08:06 PM
I know you guys said that you've submitted a request on my behalf. But i was wondering if there was any status update I could get.
I am starting to get more of the Townships in my County on board with a single-source burn permit form and the database is going to start filling up very fast on a daily basis. I really do not want to go through and manually delete hundreds of entries after the permits have expired, just so the data is manageable for the 9-1-1 Dispatchers.
I have a required date field in the form for the permit's expiry date. If there is a way that JotForm can set it up so that at 2359 on the day the permit expires (based on that required field), it will be automatically deleted from the system.
I realize JotForm probably has a lot of other things to do, but I'd truly appreciate it if my request could be looked at and implemented sooner, rather than later.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 02:05 AM
Hello jjsatkowski. Unfortunately we have no updates on this as of yet. To be honest, I'm not certain whether this can be considered for implementation immediately.
This may not be a good suggestion but I believe that someone from your staff should at least be looking into deleting the submissions on a daily basis for the meantime while this feature is being requested for development.
As soon as we get updates on this request, we'll sure to let you know.
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Is there any update on my siggestion here? I just spent two hours deleting almost 3,000 expired submissions which filled up about 70 pages with the "larger grid" view.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Hello jjsatkowski. We still have no update on this matter. Rest assured as soon as we get updates on this, we'll inform you right away.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 08:20 AM
We are really not very comfortible with the idea of auto-deleting form submissions irreversibly on the background. That's why this feature request has been on a "Maybe" box.
May I suggest another possible solution? On My Forms page you can right click on a form and then select Clean All Submissions. Would that not work for you because you have to keep recent entries?
- jjsatkowskiAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 09:14 AM
That would be fine, but as you said, I need to retain some of the entries up to their expiration date. If we could get a checkbox in the grid view where we could select multiple entries at once and then click delete, to eliminate them en mass that would be a step in the right direction.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Thank you for your input!
Your suggestion has been noted and a ticket for this request is currently oppened. We will let you know if this will be implemented.