- XenaWilliamsAsked on December 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM
The last question I asked, the response is really confusing, please help me to understand.
Do I need to register with XVerify? I am based in the UK not US. Can use one of my business emails, firstname.lastname@example.org.
I really need a solution asap
Thanks for your understanding
XenaAnswered by Mike_G
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience. I would suggest you try to verify and double check the API key you entered in the widget's wizard. Also, please make sure you add jotform.com as a trusted domain under your Xverify's My Account tab.
Then, update the widget in your form and make a test.
- BorisAnswered on December 29, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Yes, if you want to use the service of Xverify to verify email addresses being entered on your JotForm form, you must register for an account with Xverify:
They are a separate service from us, but you can use their services within your JotForm form in order to check whether the email address being entered actually exists. Once you have an account with them, all you need to use their service within a JotForm form is to:
1. Add jotform.com as an authorized domain within Xverify:
2. Add the Xverify widget to your form:
3. Configure the widget inside JotForm with the API key of your Xverify account:
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.