- dancestarsAsked on December 30, 2016 at 01:50 PM
Hi there. We are having problems adding html codes on our forms. It previously worked great but now suddenly the "<ul>" and "<li>" tags and "&" codes are not working and the html itself is displaying on the form. This happened three days ago.
How can we fix this?
(Also, adding regular formatted text to the form is not an option because that text does not become part of the submitted form)
Link attached below.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on December 30, 2016 at 04:42 PM
I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I will escalate this issue to our developers. I think that HTML code is stripped for security reasons.
Only workaround I can provide you is to use text field. You can show regular text field inside of PDF report by check "Show Headers and Texts" option in the form submissions page.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on January 02, 2017 at 06:36 AM
Due to latest security cautions that were designed by our developers, you cannot use HTML tags on labels or sub-labels of the form fields.
I cloned your form to my account and followed a different path to implement your design.
Regarding your concerns about the text fields not becoming a part of the submission, here is my two solutions:
1. I changed the body arrangement of the Notification & Auto-responder e-mails. Here you can see how it will show up for your submitters and you:
2. Like my colleague BJoanna pointed out, when you are checking your submissions on the Submissions Page, you can choose to show the text fields on the submission body by clicking on the:
If you want to check it out for yourself and use the form I altered, feel free to clone it from this URL:
If you don't know how, here is a user guide on: How to Clone an Existing Form from a URL
If there is anything else we can help you with, we will be waiting to hear from you.