- iamryanfisherAsked on January 03, 2017 at 09:44 AM
That's it.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 10:42 AM
As per checking your form, in the Preference > Advanced tab, you have the Encrypt Form Data settings disabled.
For you to be able to decrypt you form data, the settings shown above should be enabled. If you still have your existing key, you may use it to decrypt your form data.
- iamryanfisherAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 11:45 AMI've changed it to that since submitting, because I can't get the form to
The key entry only pops up some of the time (None of the time in Chrome),
and then it won't submit my key, it only allows me to find it in folders,
but won't complete the upload.
- iamryanfisherAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 11:45 AMEven so, because I've toggled the setting, I still have past entries that
I'm unable to view. How can I resolve that?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 01:29 PM
Like my colleague already mentioned you will need to set Encrypt Form Data to Yes inside of form preferences. Only then you will be able to decrypt your previously submitted encrypted data. I have checked your form and encryption is still set to No. Once yous set Encrypt Form Data to Yes select I will use my existing key option.
After that open yous submission page and upload your key. I saw that you have posted another question about your key. Please see an answer my colleague provide you on that thread:
Also please read this guide to find more about Encrypted forms:
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.