- rbeckAsked on January 03, 2017 at 09:54 AM
I am running into a puzzling challenge. I often use the calculator widget to pass answers from one form to pre-populate another. Typically with a few fixes, it works perfectly. However, in the following case i am baffled as to what is going wrong:
The scenario is the following: There are three steps. The challenge is coming in passing calculated pricing from form 2 to form 3.
1. Form 1: https://form.jotform.com/63033257235147 This form gathers basic information on the partner and the customer. The submit button takes them to the appropriate product quote form and correctly passes all the partner and customer data on the back end with no challenges.
2. Form 2: https://form.jotform.com/63323732831149 As mentioned above all the partner and customer information is passed to this form from form 1 and is hidden from the user. On form 2 user enters information to generate and view pricing. The user is directed to generate a proposal (which we have integrated with Zapier/Webmerge for document generation). When the user generates a proposal we send an auto-respond email to the user which carries a link. This link is generated by the result of using the calculator widget (the last field on this form) titled "Order URL".
3. Form 3: https://www.jotform.com//?formID=63415037039149 Form 3 is the order form. The Order URL is supposed to pass all fields stipulated.
The Challenge: Not all the fields from Form 2 to Form 3 are being passed. Specifically the fields that are not being passed appropriately are are all of the 36 Month and 24 Month Pricing fields, however the 12 Month pricing fields are being passed.
Here is a copy of a test run and the resulting Unique URL that is generated from Form 2:
Any Ideas on why 36 & 24 month pricing fields are not showing up in Form 3?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 11:41 AM
I have inspected prepopulated link and your second and third form, but I am not exactly sure which values are not passed.
I noticed that you are generation your link with form calculation widget. Can you please tell us values from which exact fields are not passed to third form? If possible provide us a screenshot of those field from third form and form your Order URL field on second form.
You can also highlight values that are not passed on link that you provided.
I would also suggest you to check if correct field names are used.
Looking forward to your reply.
- rbeckAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 01:24 PM
I have attached the quote screenshot for 36 months and the order form screenshot for 36 months. On the quote jotform, all pricing presents as it should. But on the 36 month pricing, As you can see none of the order form numbers are populated properly.
The Quote tool showing 36 month pricing:
The Order Form results with 36 month pricing:
The 24 Month pricing is broken as well, however the last two fields passed just fine.
The Order Form with 24 Month Pricing:
Interesting however, the 12 month pricing is passed perfectly each time, yet I cannot see any reason on the Order URL from the calculator why these are different and are passing correctly.
The Order Form with 12 Month Pricing:
Appreciate you help, let me know if you need any further clarification.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on January 03, 2017 at 03:49 PM
I investigated your forms and I found out what is the problem, your end form http://www.jotform.us/form/63415037039149 and fields in it, for example for 36 month pricing, fields are read-only and that's why they are not prepopulating. If you remove the read-only attribute it will work fine.
And here is how to do that:
1. Click the wizard button:
2. Then three dots:
3.And uncheck this option:
If you have any further questions please let us know.