- ivanokkAsked on May 25, 2012 at 08:09 AM
I am using a form that needs to get some hidden fields pre-poulated using url parameters.
It works correctly but I also need to avoid people to access it directly (without my parameters in url).
Is there a way to check if all needed parameters are going to be passed through my url?
If not, is there a way to alert users or, best, deny the access to the form and ask them to use the link I provided first?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 25, 2012 at 04:26 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We do not have such a feature. However, you may try a workaround.
It is not possible to set required hidden field within form builder, but you can do that by modifying form source code.
1. You will need to get form source code.
2. Then, find your hidden fields in the end of your form source code, and change their class from form-hidden to form-hidden validate[required].
3. Embed modified form source code to your site.
In this case your users will not be able to submit your form without prepopulated hidden fields.
It works, but we did not test much such a workaround, so you can use it on your own risk.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.