- veda1vedaAsked on January 09, 2017 at 06:07 PM
I am currently testing your service with a free account. I will collect confidential information. Here a few questions:
1- How is the data collected from a form encrypted on the server?
2- I don't want confidential information to be sent by email but wish to receive notifications. Is it possible to select the fields sent by email?
3- Can we setup sub users who can access form results online?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 09, 2017 at 09:48 PM
Thanks for using JotForm.
1. All our forms are secure by default. It uses HTTPS in the URL.
Since it is on HTTPS, the form will load into a secure connection when opened by the user. Once submitted, it will be transmitted to JotForm servers securely with 256 bit High-grade SSL encryption.
2. Yes, that's possible. You can select which fields to be sent on email. Email notification is highly customizable. You can do pretty much anything in the email template.
3. Yes, you can share forms to your sub-users with e.g. edit form or view submissions permission. Here's how: https://www.jotform.com/help/232-How-to-Share-Forms-with-a-Sub-account-User
Let us know if you have more questions.
- veda1vedaAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 11:45 AMThank you very much for the information.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 01:14 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to ask for credit card info without using our integrations, since it goes against our terms our anti-phishing system will be alerted and your account will be suspended.
Depending on the processor you're using, you could get the main info in a JotForm and capture the payment info in a different form, outside of JotForm.
To send the initially submitted data from JotForm you could refer to this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/213-Send-Submission-Data-via-POST-Method-Using-PHP-and-the-Thank-You-Settings
You may also provide us the payment processor you're using and we could forward this to our second level as a feature request.
- veda1vedaAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 02:45 PMThank you for the suggestion.We use NetSuite which also provides accounting and customer relationship management. We generate a small volume of transactions and at the moment we have to process credit cards manually.We loved your service but unfortunately we'll need to look for something else.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 04:33 PM
Yes, will not be possible to ask for this info in any way only through a payment integration, I have moved your last comment where you indicate the software you're using so it can be properly escalated, you will find the other thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1031002
We will assist you on that thread as soon as possible.