- grushabhAsked on January 09, 2017 at 07:28 PM
When a user edits their submission, I would like them to see a different thank you page. How can I achieve this?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 12:47 AM
You can achieve this by adding another field that will ask the user if they edited the form. Then you can setup a condition to change the Thank You page if the user's answer is Yes.
1. Add the radio button field
2. Setup the condition. Please see our guide here on Change "Thank you" URL Based on a Condition
After this is setup, when the user selects "Yes", they will now see a custom message or get redirected to a new url based on the condition.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- grushabhAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 01:48 PM
Thanks. This is a nice hack but not as fool proof as I would like. Is there a way for me to do this that is not dependent on a user facing question?
I do have the option of sending users a custom URL to edit their submission. In that case is there a way to create the URL that takes users to a custom thank you page but does not show them a question like this (i.e. maybe a hidden question)?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 03:40 PM
The following workaround seems to be working properly on my form.
1) Add a Get Form Page URL widget to the form.
2) Setup a Thank You condition based on that widget field.
If the value contains edit, then display the custom thank you message.
I would like to suggest testing it on your form to see if it is working right.
- grushabhAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 09:56 PM
Yes this works great thank you!