- FocusSGAsked on January 10, 2017 at 03:11 AM
Hi Support team,
I receive some incomplete forms in my Submission tab.
However, when i checked with my Finance department, not all payments are in yet.
Was wondering if some of the payment is stuck with JotForm?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 05:04 AM
As I understood from your post, you must have some Incomplete payments through PayPal. First of all, I did not find the related form which has payment field in it. It would be good to know form ID or Form URL to allow us to make a further investigations.
However, I still would like to clear some of the points that you may do not know. If your user fills in your form and clicks submit but does not do payment on paypal page, those submissions are kept as Incomplete. On the other hand, there could be also submissions seen as Incomplete but you received payment belong to that submission in to your Paypal account.
You can find more details about Incomplete payments at following user guide. I can also suggest you to enable your IPN at paypal to prevent this kind of issues if you did not yet.
In order to clarify the issue : please confirm that you have experiencing which case here below.
1. You received payment in to your Paypal but related submissions seemed as Incomplete?
2. There have been Incomplete payments on your submisison page at Jotform and you did not receive payments belong to those Incomplete submissions?
3. There have been Incomplete payments on your submission page at Jotform and you did not receive payments belong to those Incomplete submissions event hough payments were proceed successfully?
Waiting for your return.
- FocusSGAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 10:05 PM
I have enabled IPN all the while so that I could check on the payment.
I am referring to case scenario 2.
- CharlieAnswered on January 11, 2017 at 02:48 AM
Case scenario #2, the submission is labeled as "incomplete payment" and you did not receive payments from PayPal? Please note that JotForm does not process payments, it is not possible for us to hold the payments of your users. We have 3rd party payment processors that are integrated to your forms via API. JotForm simply passes the information and the payment is processed in the 3rd party's payment gateway securely.
If you receive an incomplete payment submission AND you did not receive a payment from PayPal, that means your user did NOT complete the payment for some reason. They might have accidentally closed the browser when they are in the payment gateway page OR they purposely did not continue the payment.
Please do check this guide shared by my colleague: https://www.jotform.com/help/272-Paypal-Incomplete-Payments-FAQ
I hope that helps.