- BrandilyntAsked on January 12, 2017 at 06:24 PM
The attachment doesn't actually attach to the emailPage URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 12, 2017 at 10:13 PM
Can you try removing the attached PDF file and try adding it again?
I made a test on your form and didn't get an email. Upon checking, I found out that there's an error in the setting of your autoresponder. Can you try changing its recipient from name to email address?
Once the change has been made, please let us know so we can do another test.
- BrandilyntAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 06:45 PMI tried this and it still didn't work. The file still isn't attached.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Can you tell us the size of the file attached? Can you also try removing and re-attaching the file?
- BrandilyntAnswered on January 16, 2017 at 11:45 AMHi Liyam,
I tried removing and re-attaching and it still didn't work. I attached the
PDF to this email. Looks like it is 890K. Please help as it has already
been a week and I need to get this working. Thank you.
- KadeJMAnswered on January 16, 2017 at 02:19 PM
We do apologize about that and are still looking into it so that we can resolve it for you.
I tried to replicate the issue on a test copy of your form on my end but, I could not.
Could you send us a copy of the PDF Attachment you are using to our email address at email@example.com so that we can take a look at it and troubleshoot this problem more for you?
Please reference the pdf with a link to this thread so that we know it is you.
Alternatively, you can just send it to me directly at Kade@jotform.com if that is easier for you and we'll investigate this more to get to the bottom of the problem.
- BrandilyntAnswered on January 16, 2017 at 02:45 PMOk, I just emailed both. Thank you.
- KadeJMAnswered on January 16, 2017 at 05:55 PM
Yes, I saw the email with the pdf, thank you for sending a copy of it to us.
I've tested the pdf on our end with the test copy of your form but, unfortunately I still couldn't replicate the issue.
I also tried submitting on your live form this time around to see what would happen and I received your autoresponder email with a copy of the pdf attached to it which seemed normal to me.
You're gmail isn't blocking the attachments or images is it? Usually there's a small warning message that tells you it's blocking the files and images when it's suspected as spam for any reason in the email so you'd have to click that to allow it then your attachments and images would show up.
When you are testing it on your end are you filling in the form and submitting it to yourself at your gmail address? Or how are you testing it if you don't mind me asking? Doing that is the best way to test your emails accurately.
I'm asking so that we can try to narrow down the cause of this issue because it should be working and is a bit strange.
- BrandilyntAnswered on January 16, 2017 at 07:45 PMYay it worked!! Thank you!!