- wingsisdAsked on May 29, 2012 at 09:53 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Sorry but I am having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say in this post.
Can you please elaborate more on your issue? What is the name of the form that you're working on?
- wingsisdAnswered on May 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM
We add a field in Text box with pre-define vaule (eg. www.jotform.com/form/12835908188?poNumber=1812-PO04035R01firstname.lastname@example.org)
So under PO no. field, user can overwrite or modify the field content. Shall we restrict the user cannot be change the field contact value ?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 03:33 AM
To achieve that you have use your form's full source code and add readonly on the textbox html line. For example:
<input readonly type="text" class="form-textbox validate[required]" id="input_29" name="q29_email" size="30">
This thread might also be very useful for you: http://www.jotform.com/answers/102924-How-can-I-add-a-HTML-code-in-in-a-form-to-be-copied-and-Pasted-as-it
Let me know if you have further questions with this. Thanks!
- wingsisdAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 06:03 AM
Thanks idarktech, the "readonly" statement is works. But when I'm past the HTML statement into suggested "deafult valule", it can't works.
Kindly let me konw more details on apply HTML code process please ?
With warm regard.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 06:30 AM
What exactly you mean with "past the HTML statement into suggested default value"?, do you mean using URL paramater wont work with this?
Tell me what fields on this form should you need to make 'readonly' so I can do it for you. I'll make your form as an example at the same time you'll get the final result. :)
- wingsisdAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 09:58 PM
I'm would like to protect (ready only) the field name of "PO Number" for avoid user change the content on it.
For example: I'm assign PO Number default valule in "1812PO04035R01" by the link as below, but user can modify such field content when open the link.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Here's your modified form's full source code: http://idarktech.com/test/form/form.zip. To use this, simply upload it to your web host.
You can preview this modified form here: http://idarktech.com/test/form/index.html
Now to use it, simply append the url paramters at the end part of the URL. For example:
Now, here's what I did to make the PO number field uneditable. (Just what I've said before you only need to add 'readonly' on the PO number input html line. Here's a more detailed tutorial for that:
1. First, you need to get your form's full source code. Please follow this guide: How to download a source code of your form
2. Downloaded form file contains, HTML (your form's HTML), CSS folder and JS folder. Now, open/edit the HTML file to any html editing tools you have (like notepad or notepad++) and then look for the PO Number codes part or simply search "PO Number". Next, below PO Number you'll see <input html code, after this code append readonly. Check this screen:
3. Save it and upload the whole form files to your website (including the css and js folder).
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks!
- wingsisdAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 02:00 AM
Thanks idarktech, provided link "http://idarktech.com/test/form/index.html?poNumber14=1111111111" it works fine.
May I ask, how to upload the HTMl file to jotform.com under the form no. 12835908188 ? Cause we would like to make use of jotform server's service.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 04:05 AM
You can't upload it back to JotForm. You should have your own host and upload your forms there. Anyway, I think there's no other option but to inject js on your form since you'd like to use JotForm link. Here's how:
1. Add Free Text HTML tool to your form.
2. Click Edit HTML button and paste this js code:
Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!
- wingsisdAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Many thanks again, it works now.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 05:10 AM
Glad it works. Let us know how else we can help you.