What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
I need help routing the form for approval.Asked by drunyan on January 13, 2017 at 02:15 PM
When a user fills out the form for camp worker application, I'd like top route the form the pastor, selected from a drop down in the original form, for approval. I need the pastor to be able to select approved or denied and add notes and have their response included in the google sheet for responses to the original application form.
You can apply the following workflow example I provided on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/938509/?
If you want to assign a status to the form, here is a workaround to create a approval form:
1) Create your form. The user fills the form and select 1 of X number of mangers you have listed to send the application to:
1.2) Add a Page Break field, from the "Survey Fields" tab, into your form. Set the visibility for the back and next button to hidden.
(Add this page break field after the submit button)
2) Create the email notification that will be sent to the person who will approve or decline: http://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
Now build a custom edit URL that will show the manager or approver the "Approval area". Example:
3) Create the conditions in order to send the notification to a specific email address based on a selection: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-Selection
4) Create a form autoresponder that will contain a message that lets the user know that he has been approved: https://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder, and make sure to enable the "Send on Edit" option:
5) Create another condition to send the autoresponder:
Here is my form example: https://form.jotform.co/62646803339865
You can clone and inspect it if you want to: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know here if you need more help.