- etminternationalAsked on May 31, 2012 at 08:10 AM
- gori-mathewAnswered on May 31, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Currently, there is no way to limit submission entries to one per email address. What you can do instead is to limit submissions to one per IP address.
To set your form to accept only unique submissions:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click the Preferences button
3. In the Preferences window, click the Advanced Settings tab
4. Set Unique Submissions to Strict Check
You may also set to Loose Check but this can be bypassed by using another browser or clearing the browser's cookie. Strict check, on the other hand, may be disadvantageous if your target users are on the same network, using the same IP address, such as in schools or organizations. It is up to your discretion on which submission check to use.
Hope this post was of any help to you. Contact us again if you need further help.
- mathmodsAnswered on October 11, 2012 at 04:03 PM
I think the easiest solution would be to create a new validation rule checking that a value is "unique". So, if the email address is already in our database, that user cannot submit their form.
Can this be achieved?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 11, 2012 at 04:56 PM
We don't have such a feature yet, but I will add it to our user wishlist. We'll let you know in case it becomes approved for implementation.
Thank you very much for your input.
- mathmodsAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 09:56 AM
I hope it will be implemented soon. For the moment I cannot go on using Jotform, which makes me a bit sad because I thought i'd really found what I was looking for from an online form builder... too bad! I hope a solution will be found soon
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Too sad to let you go. We will be hoping to have this kind of feature sooner. We'll let you know once this get implemented, just one thing isn't sure is the estimate time of arrival.
- dingosmoovAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 04:58 PM
I have been checking all threads for an answer to this. Is this feature yet implemented? It was requested more than 2 years ago. When will it be available? Was the feature request every passed along 2 years ago?
Please can someone direct me to an answer. I have so many questions about JotForm, some have been answered.
- JotForm SupportpaoloumalidevAnswered on February 12, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Thank you for your interest with JotForm.
Sad to say that the features that makes into a new version release is decided by our Engineers and will always be based on feasibility and other factors that may not be obvious to us.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on February 14, 2013 at 07:00 PM
This feature has been implemented. So here it is a little guide:
First of all, get the Field Id for your particular Email field
On that screen, mine is 5
1. Then go to Setup&Embed
2 . Click on Preferences
3. Enter 5 in the Unique Id section
We will await for your results. It should work with any Field Id in the form
- dingosmoovAnswered on February 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
@jeanettebmz, thanks for the info. Just to be certain, does this mean that when submitting the email that has been input will be checked against the database to make sure that it is unique? And if the email exists in the database already the form will prompt for a different email address?
I followed your instructions and it did nothing.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 18, 2013 at 01:54 PM
The answer is Yes. You may try this form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/30331515543949, submit twice using the same email address. On the second promt, you will get and error that multiple submissions using the same email is not allowed.
- dingosmoovAnswered on February 18, 2013 at 04:05 PM
Thanks so much it worked quite well. I could not get it working that way on my form. I will try again. Thanks!
- GrapheneWeekAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Hi, I am trying to achieve the same with a unique registration code at: http://www.jotformpro.com/GrapheneWeek/Committee-Registration
I entered the field "registration code" under "Unique Question" in Form Limits under Preferences
The codes have to include "Gr@W.c1" but no double submission should be possible. I.e. they would need to submit with Gr@W.c11, Gr@W.c12, etc. However, the form allows me to enter the same code twice. Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 03:50 PM
I have checked your form and made a clone which I shortened for test purposes. It works fine in my side, what I did is to fill the form out again with the same code and submit it, only then you'll see the warning message below:Sorry! Only one entry is allowed.Multiple submissions are disabled for this form.
- GrapheneWeekAnswered on April 17, 2013 at 03:03 AM
Thank you - you're right. It works perfectly. I thought it would show the error after entering the duplicated code. but it does so after hitting submit. This is a great tool - thank you!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 10:42 PM
I moved your question to a separate thread here to avoid confusions https://www.jotform.com/answers/922825. We'll be on your thread shortly.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 21, 2016 at 09:37 AM
I created a separate thread for your issue so that we can assist you properly. Please refer to this URL: https://www.jotform.com/answers/967692
We'll attend to your thread shortly.