- andrewhillmanAsked on January 18, 2017 at 05:42 PM
I have a long form and I would like to import the actual html/asp form over to jotform, but it seems unlikely since a username and password is required to access the form the form I want to import over to jotform. Anyone have a work-around, hack or know of a chrome ext that will allow me to login and import the form? While I know the forms code wont work on jotform, I just want to get all the fields and selections onto jotfrom and start putting the pieces together. The form is from a service that I belong to and I am allowed to recreate the form but its very long. It's not what you call a basic html form. I have been putting this off for years, but it's time to bring the forms over to jotform as a paid member.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 18, 2017 at 08:57 PM
Was the form created on your other Jotform account? Please note that only forms created in Jotform can be cloned using our clone feature. If it is not a jotform, a possible workaround I can suggest would be to download the form submissions to an Excel spreadsheet. Then, you can use our Spread2Jot app to turn that spreadsheet into a webform. Here's the link: https://www.jotform.com/spread2jot/
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM
I updated my question to clarify. I didn't mean clone. I meant import.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Unfortunately you cannot. It is not possible to import form that is not JotForm form in your JotForm My Forms list.
As mentioned by my colleague, importing a form is only possible if its another JotForm form.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 12:33 AM
I figured. I was throwing a hail mary because I have always been impressed with the team behind jotform and I would love to get these long input forms on jf. It's an impressive platform and the service is outstanding so I thought somebody might have a work around. Know of any jotform freelancers on this forum who take form creation gigs? I haven't had much luck finding freelancers who know the platform and want to build a jotform.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 12:41 AM
You can actually send request to us to create the form for you.
You can send the request to our support email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide as much details as possible. Attach a template or source concept of your form requirement.
You may want to check also the Form Template gallery. Perhaps the form you like already have an existing template that will require minimal modification.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 03:09 AM
I will work on this and send details tomorrow.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 03:35 AM
Great, if you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get us back.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM
I sent a request to support via email. Thank you both.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 21, 2017 at 09:56 AM
Although we are sure that your request can be responded accordingly, I'd like to make sure that we received the email request. As I cannot find any email coming from your email address used on your account or your name, can you tell us the subject line or the email address you have used to send the email?
- AndrewAnswered on January 21, 2017 at 02:25 PM
i used the email associated with this jot acct. i checked my sent messages and the email was sent at 4:17pm est yesterday. I fidnt receive a bounce message. I attached 3 files .txt, .html, zip to the email. Perhaps your email system marked it as spam or malicious.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2017 at 03:40 PM
I am sorry, I also could not find the request email from you on our support email inbox.
I am not sure what could have happen to it, but you can also forward the email my jotform email instead at email@example.com and I'll pass it on to our form designers/creators.
Let us know here if you have forwarded the email so I can check as well.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 11:38 PM
@jonathan I resent to your email last night. Hope it made it this time.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 01:10 AM
My colleague has already forwarded your request to our form designers/creators.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 02:33 PM
@Chriistian thank you.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 01:38 PM
How long does it typically take to know if my request is possible? If its not possible i will make plans to build and self host the forms i am looking to create. Perhaps if i can get help with a sample of what i am lookig to do with conditional multi select fields so they look good and work well across all platforms i could get it done.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on January 27, 2017 at 02:53 PM
I will send a message to Jonathan and I will ask for any update. Thank you for your patience.
- andrewhillmanAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 01:57 AM
@john_benson. thanks. doesn't look good. let me know if i need to look into option #2.