What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Conditions are not working if field (radio button) has special characters in it.Asked by HelwegPedalboards on January 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM
My form uses many show/hide conditions to make the large amount of content less overwhelming and to ensure items are selected in order.
Everything was tested and working great when I launched a few months ago.
Now the first radio button section does not reveal the next content when selected. This makes the rest of the form impossible to access.
All of my conditions are still there. I can't determine what the problem is. Could you take a look?
I have checked your form and I can see what you're referring to, it seems to be happening even when loading the direct link to the form.
I'm currently inspecting what could be causing this problem, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
After spending some time inspecting the conditions in your form I can see even setting up a single condition it does not work.
For example, on a cloned form of yours I disabled all the conditions you have to find if there was a conflict, then set up this condition:
Then noticed it does not work either, but I can see it happens because of setting the options like this 18".
If you set the option without the special character then it works fine, I have confirmed on a different testing form where I have added the options similar to your form and it does not work:
If the special character is removed then it works fine, you can see this on my testing forms, this one has the special characters in the options: https://form.jotform.com/70184721486964
Then this does not have special characters and it works: https://form.jotform.com/70185457088969
In the meantime I would suggest you to remove the special characters from your options if possible, I will also forward the thread to our second level so it can be checked and resolved by our developers.
We will let you know as soon as we get updates regarding this.