- Deborah.MillerAsked on January 19, 2017 at 06:00 PMData is missing. When we open a form to edit, some of the data is missing that was initially entered. For example, a user can't select the appointment type without selecting a hire type. Once they do that, the employee class is populated. When I open a form, I can see the employee class populated without the hire type or appointment type listed. Example is submission 360579328416608621.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 06:22 PM
I checked your form data and I see what you mean:
It looks like the Hire Type field was never filled even though it is indeed required in the form. Is you form embedded to a web page by any chance?
I checked the validations in IE, Chrome and FireFox, each one I was unable to bypass filling in that field. Let us know if the form is embedded to a webpage so we can check that as well.
- Deborah.MillerAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 07:41 PM
Thank you, no it's not embedded.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Ok. Could you check if it is happening any with any specific submission or all submissions so that we can further investigate the issue?
- Deborah.MillerAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM
It appears to be happening with all submissions.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 01:33 PM
I did quite a bit of testing and it looks like the field being conditionally disabled is what is causing it:
I tested with the condition enabled and nothing came through for Hire Type. Once I disabled the condition, data from that field came through as normal:
I will forward this to our developers to have a look. In the mean time, disabling that condition in your form will allow the data to come through.
- Deborah.MillerAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 02:14 PM
Thank you, but disabling that condition will cause issues with the data entry. If a user selects an appointment type, then tries to change the hire type, many of our calculated/conditional fields will have problems.
At this point, this issue is one of a handful that are making the form inoperable.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 03:20 PM
I was unable to recreate the issue in a simple test form so I am not 100% sure if it is that in conjunction with something else. This test form works the same way as your condition:
With a field being conditionally disabled, but the data is forwarded every time.
As soon as we have an update from our developers, we will let you know.
- Deborah.MillerAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 06:11 PM
I have had to redirect users to a Google form until this is resolved. Any update on this - was it due to an update? There are about 5 major issues with the form that happened all at the same time, this is only one of the issues. Does it have anything to do with the new version going live?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 09:20 PM
Unfortunately, there has not been any updates yet. I doubt it has to do with the new version. Our developers will update us via this thread when this gets fixed.
- Deborah.MillerAnswered on February 10, 2017 at 01:59 PM
This form is central in our hiring operations. I have a temporary workaround in place, but if we can't figure out the conditions problem, I have to come up with a long term solution. Is it for sure the conditions on this form that are causing a problem - so if I recreate a form with no conditions, that would work?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 10, 2017 at 02:52 PM
This ticket is still open and assigned to a developer but with the release of 4.0 our developers haven't been able to address tickets as quick as they'd like to.
The issue is related to fields being conditionally disabled so if you did recreate the form without conditions or even with the condition I listed in my previous response, the form should work correctly.