- mdscj1Asked on January 21, 2017 at 06:02 PM
I want to use the same jotform form I've created to market to different places, such as facebook, youtube, online websites, etc. I want to know what can be done in jotform to identify which submissions came from facebook, which submissions came from youtube, etc.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 01:23 AM
You can make use of the Get Form Page URL widget. This widget picks up the URL where the form was filled up and thus lets you know if the form came from facebook, or to which the form was embedded.
If you want a referrer link, you can make use of the Get Referrer widget. This one gets the source link where the person was from before he filled up the form.
If you have questions, please let us know.
- mdscj1Answered on February 02, 2017 at 01:29 AM
Thank you, but how do i add these 2 widgets to my form. I don't see how and don't see instructions. I clicked on the "Get Now" but I don't see neither one of the widgets. Please show me how.
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 02:43 AM
Here is how you can do it:
1. Open the form on the editor. Choose widgets from the form elements. When you type "get" these two widgets appear at the top of the list:
When you click on them they are added to your form automatically and you are done. I hope this helps.
Please contact us again if you need any further assistance.
- mdscj1Answered on February 02, 2017 at 03:38 AM
Here's my form. Looks like its added but can u check it. How do I use it? Is there anything else I need to do?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 04:10 AM
Unfortunately the link to your form isn't included from your last post.
Anyhow, with regarding these widgets, once you have included it to your form, there is no need for you to do anything. The referrer URL (for the Get Referrer widget), or the page URL (for Get Form Page URL widget) will automatically include the URL when a form gets submitted.
You will see that the widget is successfully added on your form if there is an area that indicates that the widget is within the form. Please check this sample screenshot below: