- dorsetholidayletsAsked on January 22, 2017 at 07:38 AM
To change a field in V4 you have to click on the name of the field - why is this - previously you could click anywhere including the field it self.
Also you have to click on the outside of the pencil to go back to your forms rather than click anywhere on the pencil. Why?
If you add a dropdown clicking on edit options does not work, you have to go into Properties.
I repeat my previous comments - too many errors shows product has not been tested properly.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 10:17 AM
1. What do you mean by change? Change the field properties? Can you elaborate this?
2. I can replicate this. I have noted this. This isn't how the button is presented lately so I think an update made this glitch.
3. I cannot replicate this, but I will check this for you. I have also noted this. I think this is because you are working on an old form and there are incompatibilities there.
The version 4 has been tested as far as I know, but I think this kind of glitches are expected, assuming that many changes are being made including the new features. We are also thankful for reporting this to us. This will definitely help us prior to its release.
As of this moment, I can only assure you that version 4 will be much better than version 3. The key features on version 4 are the offline builder, mobile version of the builder, collaboration and all in single place customization.
- dorsetholidayletsAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 02:55 PM
For any field using Chrome, you have to click on the field description to get the 3 icons to appear e.g. edit/delete/properties rather than any part of the field. I have reported this else were as it maybe why you cannot change text or headings as the icons never appear. I think it is a problem with using Chrome and not all browsers.
If you add a dropdown field you have the option to click on "Edit options" but it does not give you the ability to enter options for different selections like it did before.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 05:45 PM
I have checked that you have mentioned and I cannot replicate it, I can see the feature works fine in both versions, here're some screen-casts about it:
However, I can see this is being discussed on another thread here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1042313
Regarding the options in the drop down, I think you're referring to the options you had before on the top toolbar, for example, when you click on the field in v3 you get this:
And when clicking on the field in the v4 builder you only get the options to add/edit/remove selections in the drop down, but the top toolbar options do not appear at least that you open the field properties.
Is this what you're referring to?
If so, we could forward this to our second level, we appreciate your feedback and it is also important to know it in order to improve the new builder.
Looking forward to your response.