- harropdanAsked on January 22, 2017 at 04:28 PM
Just wanted to tell you about what I have been working and find out if you have any Dev on your short term roadmap re this (it could have great benefits to a lot of customers, ie. applications other than just gift voucher production).
I want to provide a 100% automated gift voucher solution for my Holiday Rental Mngt company ie
1) Customers arrives on our site (voucher page) and fills in all details (ie their own and who the voucher is for, amount, voucher message etc).
2) Customers pays in real time (with credit card) and submits form.
3) On successful payment going through, PDF Voucher is generated immediately and emailed to form submitter.
I have been able to do 1 & 2 (using your stripe addon which is great by the way!) perfectly. However your PDF design tool is too weak to be able to produce anything that looks like a gift voucher (ie aesthetically not good). There is also a field value issue too ie. the amount entered (user entered amount) is outputted as "Total Amount xxx $100 ..etc" rather than just a straight, clean amount "$100". So that wouldn't work on the PDF ie too much noise.
So my question (re your short term roadmap):
1) When will the value output field be amended to come back as a clean amount (rather than have all the unnec. words and repetition)?2) When is the PDF design tool going to be enhanced further e.g. to either accept a pre-formatted template and/or have more ability to move things around, more fonts etc rather than it just looking like a "screen log"?
PS - Re 3) I have set up a workaround as follows:
a) Submissions integrates with Googlesheet (via your plugin) and
b) Using the googlesheet auto mailmerge plugin (autocrat) a PDF (using a design template) is created and mailed to the submitter.
However, it has too many points of failure for my liking (ie I want to do it all out of Jotform if poss) and it still doesn't great around the BIG issue of the value field not having a clean output (see above).
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 06:44 PM
Thanks for sharing your idea and for reporting this.
We will forward this to our developers as a feature request. While there is no definite time to when the PDF designer tool is going to be enhanced, we're pretty sure our devs are already aware of this since they get lots of feature requests about the PDF designer tool.
Since we can only forward 1 feature request per thread, we will split your questions into multiple threads so we can forward them to our devs as separate requests to avoid confusions.
https://www.jotform.com/answers/1042472 - This thread for stripping off the unnecessary labels, e.g. address labels, products, product total, payer name and etc.
https://www.jotform.com/answers/1042533 - This thread is for the design enhancement requests e.g. preformatted templates, fonts and etc.
Once these features are implemented, you will be informed on these threads.
- harropdanAnswered on January 22, 2017 at 09:45 PMthanks - there's actually another field that has the amount too (but has
the noise) - but I don't mind where ever the total amount comes from as
long as it sits alone in it's own field.
- IanAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 01:16 AM
Thanks for your feedback.
The feature request has already been forwarded to the Developer team. You will updated through this thread, once the feature request is completed.