- BHofstadterAsked on January 23, 2017 at 09:12 AM
I've been having Jotform submissions sent to my email address for almost a year now. My email address has never changed, but for some reason, JotForm has put it on the bounce list twice in the past month or so, so I'm not getting submissions. I run payroll and use Jotform for timesheets, so that's a big problem. What can I do to correct this so that it doesn't happen again?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Please note that bounce related issues usually starts from the receiving end. When your email server keeps rejecting the emails coming from JotForm after several attempts, your email would end up in our Bounce List. Just like you, we hate emails going into the Bounce List. However, just like any other email servers, we need to process bounce messages without exception to protect our email server from being listed in spam databases.
There's a plethora of reasons why email servers reject incoming emails (wiki) and the only time we'd know why your email provider is rejecting them is when we see your email in our Bounce List right at that moment we check it. Most providers include a short log/description that will give a hint on the reason why it was bounced.
Unfortunately, it appears you have since removed it from the list so we won't see that log anymore. If by any chance this happens again, please get in touch with us by posting in our Support Forum, so we can have a look at the error log on why the email bounced before we remove it from our end instead.
I'm also listing down a few things to help you in case it happens again in the future:
1. Prior to contacting us, you can check your EMAIL HISTORY logs if you suspect you're not receiving emails. Here's How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
2. Here's a quick guideline on How-to-Prevent-Email-Bouncing-Related-Issues
3. And if you want more control over the email sending, you may also try using your own SMTP sender: How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form (optional)