- amitinddrAsked on January 23, 2017 at 04:12 PMI created a dropdown with some 137 options. I assigned a calculation value to each option from the surveying tab. I want to use these values to calculate prices for each option. At the same time, I want to be able to copy original text (not the values) from dropdown into a new field (using calculation condition). But when I do that, it copies the "Calculation Value" of that option instead of the option text. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 23, 2017 at 04:17 PM
I checked this on my end and indeed, it does not seem possible to use both a calculation value and a fields text in conditions.
Even when the field is set to A-Z in the conditions menu, it still uses the calculation value.
I will forward this to our developer to have a look. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates.
- amitinddrAnswered on January 24, 2017 at 03:06 AM
I found a workaround for this.But now I have a completely strange problem. I am trying to have 2 dropdowns. I have put same options in both the dropdowns. The second one is hidden has values associated with each option. I have applied calculation condition to update text of dropdown 2 based on text selected in dropdown 1. This condition works absolutely fine. The problem is that it doesn't work for below 4 options. I have tried it on a completely new form as well but the problem persists. Here is a sample form that I created - https://form.jotform.me/41222121178442
Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 24, 2017 at 04:22 AM
I moved your new issue to a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/1044197
We'll have it addressed there shortly.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on January 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM
Talked this with our developers. It's not a bug, it's just the way it works.
In this example I have dropdown with an option named Salamy 5$. I did not give it a survey value. After that with calculative conditions, I transferred the text value and the numerical value. You can see it for yourself from the example form.
Let us know if you need any other information on this,